Old May 26th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Splitter For Two Scanners ?

Hi,

I have two scanners, which I would like them to share a single (Scantenna)
antenna in my attic.

Only one scanner will ever be on at any time.
But, I would like to "permanently" have both scanners attached to the single
antenna.

What would you recommend as a reasonably low cost splitter for this ? (is
Splitter the right term ?)

What type of losses would I expect ?

Just out of curiosity, would the losses be the same if I was actually to use
both scanners at the same time compared to just one of them ?

Thanks,
Bob

Old June 14th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

I have two scanners, which I would like them to share a single (Scantenna)
antenna in my attic.

Only one scanner will ever be on at any time.
But, I would like to "permanently" have both scanners attached to the single
antenna.

What would you recommend as a reasonably low cost splitter for this ? (is
Splitter the right term ?)

What type of losses would I expect ?

Just out of curiosity, would the losses be the same if I was actually to use
both scanners at the same time compared to just one of them ?

Thanks,
Bob

The best thing to do is just connect the antenna to the one you are
using at the time.
second best would be to use a switch not a spliter.
THe spliter will cut your signal to both scanners by more than 50% if
you use both or not.
Larry
Old June 14th 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:49:34 -0700, Bob Roberts
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:48:32 -0400, Schillig wrote:
Robert11 wrote:
[...]

Use one of these and you lose nothing.
http://www.stridsberg.com/mca204a.htm
I have one and it's been on for over 6 years with no problem.

better than losing nothing , that mca204a model has a IP3 intercept
point of +31 db ....... this will improve the front end overload
performance of ANY consumer quality scanner ( as opposed to $20,000
pro models ) by a whole bunch ...... a WHOLE bunch. that and the
unit boosts the front end gain just a little and has a nice
low noise figure to boot. ..... this can make up for connector and
maybe " some " line loss. this unit can add some " serious "
performance enhancements for nearly all current home scanners.

Splitter For Two Scanners And One Antenna ? Robert11 Antenna 9 May 31st 07 04:54 PM
FS: I.C.E. 112-4 active HF splitter mike maghakian Swap 1 April 6th 06 02:34 AM
FM splitter or FM tap fredness Antenna 1 May 9th 05 09:49 PM
splitter ? Charles W. Hinkle Shortwave 36 April 27th 05 02:29 AM
2-way splitter mfc Antenna 10 November 21st 03 05:09 PM