Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 15th 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner, rec.radio.scanner

Default Longest distance for Scanner Reception

Enjoying my new scanner, recently listened to the traffic generated
after a young man
attempting to rob a bank, was pursued and speedily captured by New
Yorks Finest.

I occasionally pick up New Paltz N.Y. over 70 miles away on my Uniden
BC 95 Scanner;

( Truck stuck under the toll booth )

Even though I am ~ 300 feet above sea level, I find this remarkable.

Go a rat shack Center loaded whip,

am waiting for Fair Radio to send me some co-ax

http://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php...item&item=1291

so I can mount the whole thing in a window . .

Is there any record for long distance reception on scanners; ?

BarnegateDx

Longest distance MW, AM broadcast you ever had ??? Michael Shortwave 39 February 26th 09 04:14 AM
The Longest Call Sign ZBM2 Policy 0 July 10th 07 03:16 AM
The Longest Call Sign ZBM2 General 0 July 10th 07 03:14 AM
Your longest-lasting SW receiver? Buzzygirl Shortwave 46 April 11th 06 05:45 PM
Outdoor Scanner antenna and eventually a reference to SW reception Soliloquy Shortwave 2 September 29th 03 04:04 PM