Old February 17th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

Default ( OT) Save Windows XP

If you have any computer controlled receivers, or ar thinking about
purchasing a new PC,
this should interest you

Why Save XP:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/...why_xp_sh.html

Petition:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

Old February 17th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

On Feb 16, 8:58 pm, wrote:
If you have any computer controlled receivers, or ar thinking about
purchasing a new PC,
this should interest you

Why Save XP:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/...earn_why_xp_sh....

Petition:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

More "Why save XP"

http://www.activewin.com/awin/commen...ineIndex=42308

and then there's this

http://www.jawjab.com/20-reasons-why-vista-sucks/

Old February 17th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

wrote:
If you have any computer controlled receivers, or ar thinking about
purchasing a new PC,
this should interest you

Why Save XP:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/...why_xp_sh.html

Petition:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

There is a Service Pack 3 coming. XP will be around a long time.
Old February 17th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner
RHF RHF is offline

-
- There is a Service Pack 3 coming.
-*XP will be around a long time.
-

Dave - Let us hope so -cause- Windows' VISAT is an Oops ~ RHF

Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2
http://search.ebay.com/windows-xp-ho...sPageNameZWLRS

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Pro with Service Pack 2
http://search.ebay.com/windows-xp-pr...sPageNameZWLRS

Both are still available on eBay and many other places.
Old February 17th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

"dave" wrote in message
If you have any computer controlled receivers, or ar thinking about
purchasing a new PC,
this should interest you

Why Save XP:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/...why_xp_sh.html

Petition:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

There is a Service Pack 3 coming. XP will be around a long time.

The late beta of SP3 is actually posted and has been for a while.

Old February 17th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

VISAT??

--
Brian Denley

Old February 18th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 17, 3:32*pm, "bdenley" wrote:
-
- VISAT??
-
--
Brian Denleyhttp://home.comcast.net/~b.denley/index.html

"RHF" wrote in message

On Feb 17, 10:28 am, dave wrote:

-
- Dave - Let us hope so -cause- Windows' VISAT is an Oops ~ RHF

Dang BD,

'VISAT' - Oops Indeedie-do . . . That should be "VISTA" !
As in "Windows Vista" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista

Not only am I "Clueless", but I can't 'smell' either,
and that just Stinks.

~ RHF
Old February 18th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

wrote:

If you have any computer controlled receivers, or ar thinking about
purchasing a new PC,
this should interest you

Why Save XP:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/...why_xp_sh.html

Petition:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

Most of these apps work under linux with wine, I suppose?? (the only things
I'm not 100% sure is serial connections and such). You'll be able to use
the progs without windows (licence). see winehq.com and eg
http://frankscorner.org/

And there are other apps, for free, like here, this is a list (not
complete):
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/linux/radio.txt

Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/ Updated every month or so ....
Old February 18th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

On Feb 17, 6:20*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dave" wrote in message

If you have any computer controlled receivers, or ar thinking about
purchasing a new PC,
*this should interest you

Why Save XP:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/...earn_why_xp_sh....

Petition:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

There is a Service Pack 3 coming. *XP will be around a long time.

The late beta of SP3 is actually posted and has been for a while.- Hide quoted text -

Why should we believe you about this when you've lied about so many
other things?
Old February 19th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

On Feb 17, 1:28 pm, dave wrote:
wrote:
If you have any computer controlled receivers, or ar thinking about
purchasing a new PC,
this should interest you

Why Save XP:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/...earn_why_xp_sh....

Petition:

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp

There is a Service Pack 3 coming. XP will be around a long time.

That ( SP3) is ONLY for Current Boxes with XP on them;

If , down the road a bit, you want to get a PENRYN or NEHALEM Powered
PC, your ( Currently ) stuck with Vista

( More below )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: tuxinator at February 17, 2008 05:56 AM

I've used all windows variants from 2.0, and with only a few
exceptions haven't had major issues with any

of them. And I've NEVER written anything about software good or bad
anywhere until now. This is my first

ever post anywhere on the 'Net. Neither have I used Vista, but have
fixed about 8 PCs with Vista installed

ex-shop. All have complained about slowness - bootup, software loading
and general use:

even on one high-end Core Duo 2.0gHz machine.

I'm planning to stay with XP until it falls over from old age. Mine's
a P4 2.8, 1.5gb RAM, 180GB

SATA HDD, etc etc. Was latest tech when I bought it about 2.5 years
ago, so I think it'll last for a

while yet. (Proviso being part availability.)

If there's not something less of a HOG than Vista around at the time
I'll seriously look at an

Open Source alternative, even though I haven't got a clue on
installing and configuring

it at the moment. HOG used to mean "Harley Owners' Group", but now
seems to have been overshadowed

by Vista.

Why oh why did Microsoft release such a load of rubbish - I know it's
money, shareholders demand ROI,

but MS is operating like it believes no other person's opinion matters
except its own.

Windows Henry Kolesnik Antenna 0 August 5th 03 11:28 PM
PDA: Palm or Windows? Ken Equipment 4 July 7th 03 06:57 PM