Old December 18th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

Default Palmdale California To Pass Anti Ham Radio Law

I just heard something said on the show that's on tbv here now and
thought that's exactly what Palmdale needs.

"Whip them with the car antenna".

Okay, the exact quote was

"I'm going to whip them with the car antenna".

Old December 18th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

On Dec 15, 4:28*pm, policy-ham wrote:
Palmdale, "Kalifornia" is attempting to outlaw amateur radio. *The
city of Palmdale has now passed a draft zoning law that proposes an
enforcement unit that could seize amateur radio equipment and restrict
antenna height to one inch above a fixed structure's roof.

It also applies to mobile and portable operation using an HT. They can
even arrest you and take your HT just for walking down the street and
talking on it.

I am not kidding. Here is a link to the actual proposed ordinance
where you can read it for yourself.http://www.cityofpalmdale.org/city_h....spl120479c.pdf

QRZ.com are leading the hams in a campaign to stop this law from
taking effect. You can read all about it he *http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=185892

There is also are some videos on YouTube from N9FAA about it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWLF...?v=b4wCWbzVP8A

Hams in "Kalifornia" and the whole country have to unite to fight it
now!

Louis

I got law....I think all need to read it again

Todd N9OGL
Old December 18th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

There is also are some videos on YouTube from N9FAA about it.http://www..youtube.com/watch?v=HmWL...utube.com/watc...

Hams in "Kalifornia" and the whole country have to unite to fight it
now!

Louis

I got law....I think all need to read it again

Todd N9OGL

CORRECTION: I've got a copy of the law and you all need to read it
again!

Todd N9OGL
Old December 19th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

There is also are some videos on YouTube from N9FAA about it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWLF...utube.com/watc...
Hams in "Kalifornia" and the whole country have to unite to fight it
now!
Louis

I got law....I think all need to read it again

Todd N9OGL

CORRECTION: I've got a copy of the law and you all need to read it
again!

Todd N9OGL

You are both LIDs!
Old December 19th 08, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

On Dec 18, 10:30*pm, Lids wrote:
N9OGL wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:28 am, N9OGL wrote:
[...]

and YOUR an ASSHOLE...if you can't discuss without calling people
names...BTW a LID only really applies to radio

Old December 19th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

"N9OGL" wrote in message
and YOUR an ASSHOLE...if you can't discuss without calling people
names...BTW a LID only really applies to radio

Actually they probably drew up the law just because of someone like you.
Old December 20th 08, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner

On Dec 19, 1:30*am, Lids wrote:
N9OGL wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:28 am, N9OGL wrote:
[...]

You are both LIDs!- Hide quoted text -

Lidsville is the Koo-Koo-Kookiest,
Lidsville is the Ki-Ki-Kickiest,
Lidsville is the Groo-Groo-Grooviest
Lidsville is the living end, friend

If you have a chance to go-go there
You'll be glad you did, 'cause
Everybody who goes to Lidsville really flips his lid

How's that for a topper?

So if you bump into a bonnet
With ears and nose and eyes upon it
Nope, you haven't gone bats
That's Lidsville

Lidy-lidy-lidy-ville
Not to be confussed with nitty-gritty-ville
The land of living hats
That's Lidsville