Old December 16th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Medical Chopper Flights (San Jose, CA)

Hey there,

So I've been living in this area for almost 4 years now. I've found most of
the frequencies for the local services I want to monitor.

I have a county hosptial with a trauma center maybe 2 miles from my home.
They have a helicopter that is always flying in and out.

Can't seem to find any info on what frequencies they would use. I'm sure
they talk back to base letting them know what is coming in, right? Plus
they probably check in while in-route.

This is for Valley Medical Center located on Bascom Ave in San Jose, CA.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Charlie

Old December 16th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

In article ,
"Charlie Durand" wrote:

Hey there,

So I've been living in this area for almost 4 years now. I've found most of
the frequencies for the local services I want to monitor.

I have a county hosptial with a trauma center maybe 2 miles from my home.
They have a helicopter that is always flying in and out.

Can't seem to find any info on what frequencies they would use. I'm sure
they talk back to base letting them know what is coming in, right? Plus
they probably check in while in-route.

This is for Valley Medical Center located on Bascom Ave in San Jose, CA.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Charlie

They often use Calcord, 33.9600MHz. Check
http://www.sccfd.org/frequencies.html for other potential channels.
Old December 28th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:39:36 -0800, "Charlie Durand"
wrote:

Hey there,

So I've been living in this area for almost 4 years now. I've found most
of
the frequencies for the local services I want to monitor.

I have a county hosptial with a trauma center maybe 2 miles from my home.
They have a helicopter that is always flying in and out.

Can't seem to find any info on what frequencies they would use. I'm sure
they talk back to base letting them know what is coming in, right? Plus
they probably check in while in-route.

This is for Valley Medical Center located on Bascom Ave in San Jose, CA.

Often due to the short travel time or the likely hood that a patient
is critical, there may not be time for a ring down. If however they
do, it'd possibly be on Med-92: 857.4375. But a majority are on Nextel
now.

Ok, so it sounds like there may not be a lot to hear. I would think they'd
have to check-in with the Hospital enroute, No? I didn't think it was legal
to use Nextels in an aircraft.

I'll try the frequencies mentioned. Thanks for the info!

ICE flights... Mark Shortwave 4 October 12th 06 12:02 PM
San Jose Fire Frequencies Charlie Durand Scanner 2 June 29th 05 01:27 AM
San Jose PD Air Unit Charlie Durand Scanner 3 June 5th 05 06:37 PM
Chopper Frequencies Boomer Scanner 10 March 28th 04 04:19 AM
WOrd on Air Flights Chandler7600 Shortwave 2 February 1st 04 01:52 AM