Old December 19th 08, 09:09 PM
Junior Member

Default Just got a Pro 96 , help me set it up please?

Hello everyone

new here... just got myself a Pro-96 while it was on sale for only 200 bux, not bad I think.

anyways, I live in Boca Raton, FL and would like to tune into their PD.

I also wanted to setup PBSO, and miami dade and whatnot, but i'm reading the manual here and i'm bit confused.... I got this one knowing it is APCO-25 capable, so i should def be able to listen to most if not all PDs.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

What I did (I don't know if its that easy... I probably did it wrong) is -

PGM - FUNC then went up and picked bank 9, ch 01

pressed trunk until motorola came up.

went back to PGM and then put in 853.7875 (Boca Raton Police-F1-Main Dispatch) that I got from here - http://members.optusnet.com.au/extre...lorida_fl.html

and pressed scan for bank 9.... nothing comes up however =/

Last edited by taseal : December 19th 08 at 09:15 PM
Old December 20th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

taseal wrote in news:taseal.391dff5
@radiobanter.com:

[...]

Entering JUST the one freq will not always work with the
the trunked digital systems.

Here is the Radio Freference info on the freq for your city area.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=197

then get a copy of Don Starr,s Win96 program and the
Radio Shack USB-scanner interface cable CAt#20-047

http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win96/

You can Download and try the program free for 30 days

IMHO:
its WELL WORTH buying it..

More info:

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...o-96/index.cgi

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...nications/cfq-
2000526.htm

Old December 20th 08, 07:10 PM
Junior Member

took me a whole day to figure it out. apparently I was doing it wrong. I found out there is another page on radio ref where it has trunk information as well.

got it working pretty well now, but I got a question...

it always scans through the banks I have on.

How can I select a certain talkgroup ID, and only listen to that? there are 2 ways I can do it now, which is a major PITA. lock out ALL other channels except the one I want (which is a lot of locking/unlocking) or wait til I hear the talkgroup talk, and press pause...

is there a way where I can go through the talkgroups and select the one I want it to tune to???
Old December 21st 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

taseal wrote:
took me a whole day to figure it out. apparently I was doing it wrong. I
found out there is another page on radio ref where it has trunk
information as well.

got it working pretty well now, but I got a question...

it always scans through the banks I have on.

How can I select a certain talkgroup ID, and only listen to that? there
are 2 ways I can do it now, which is a major PITA. lock out ALL other
channels except the one I want (which is a lot of locking/unlocking) or
wait til I hear the talkgroup talk, and press pause...

is there a way where I can go through the talkgroups and select the one
I want it to tune to???

if you have the manual, go to page 91
see paragraph at top of page

basically you manually select the talkgroup ID, then press FUNC TRUNK
this puts that ID in HOLD MODE directly

works on my pro-96