Old July 5th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Where to find a new frequency.

Just read in our local paper (central Ohio USA) that our PD will be going
from it's current radio system I've been listening to for years, in the 456
band to the county 800 Mhz. trunked system.

Is there a data base. FCC or otherwise that would have up-to-date
frequencies that can be accessed by the public?

My apologies if this has been covered here in the past, my free News server
has fairly short retention.

TIA

Old July 5th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Doug wrote:
Just read in our local paper (central Ohio USA) that our PD will be going
from it's current radio system I've been listening to for years, in the 456
band to the county 800 Mhz. trunked system.

Is there a data base. FCC or otherwise that would have up-to-date
frequencies that can be accessed by the public?

My apologies if this has been covered here in the past, my free News server
has fairly short retention.

TIA

try here

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=39
Old July 5th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Reed wrote:
Doug wrote:
Just read in our local paper (central Ohio USA) that our PD will be
going from it's current radio system I've been listening to for
years, in the 456 band to the county 800 Mhz. trunked system.

Is there a data base. FCC or otherwise that would have up-to-date
frequencies that can be accessed by the public?

My apologies if this has been covered here in the past, my free
News server has fairly short retention.

TIA

try here

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=39

I thank you kindly for your response.

Unfortunately that database (FCC Data Last Updated On: 04-19-2009 11:47 )
has the current frequencies and not the new ones. As this system is due to
transition in the next week or so I figure the new frequencies have to be
available somewhere I just haven't found it.

I'll keep hunting.

Thank you again.

Old July 5th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Doug" wrote in
:

Reed wrote:
Doug wrote:
[...]

did you bother to look through the Ohio forums on
http://www.radioreference.com

http://forums.radioreference.com/ohi...cussion-forum/

there is a lot of information there, much more recent that the
database and stuff in development..
Old July 6th 09, 12:13 AM
Senior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Szalay View Post
"Doug" wrote in
:

Reed wrote:
Doug wrote:
[...]

Also you might try entering the call sign(s) into a google search? If they applied for a new license,the frequency should be there.
N9ZAS.

Old July 6th 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Doug" wrote in message

Reed wrote:
Doug wrote:
[...]

If you can't find it on the Ohio part of the RR, you could do what I did
here. This was before I knew of the RR forum. The city here when they first
went to 800 of course had to test it. So for a while they were broadcasting
on both the old and new. I set my then new scanner that would work with
trunked to search, and I soon logged all the freq. they were using here.
Then it was just a matter of eliminating the talk groups I did not want.
After I had done this I discovered RR had the info, and would have been
easier, but it should work there if the info is not published yet.
Moderation is for monks."

[Lazarus Long]