Old October 17th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

Default how do I remove the emergency channel from my cb, so I can legallytransmitt?

It wasn't directed to me since I was just readsing what had already
been posted.

While reading the cop forums, the cops said "it is against the law to
have a CB radio in your car unless the emergency channel on it is
disabled.

and only then may you legally use it to transmit on the other non
emergency channels.

The cops from all states agreed this was the law.

Now, the only emergency channel on a CB is 9.

Of course they know this. That is why they said "channel" and not
"channels" like on a scanner.

I think disabling it defeats the purpose of having the channel on cb
in the first place, but the law is the law, ansd good upstanding moral
citixens MUST follow ALL laws, so it must be disabled from being able
to transmit on cb channel 9 while keeping the ability to transmit on
the other 39 channels in order to stay legal.

The problem is the only way this can be done is by modifying it to do
so, and the cops say it must be modified in EXACTLY that way in order
to stay legal, otherwise they will fine and arrest you and "hrow you
in jail for your illegal activities of having transmit capability on
CB channel 9 which only terrorists do, so you deserve to be in jail
for committing illegal terrorist activities like that"

I thought modifying the CB to do such, voids the FCC type acceptance
and makes it illegal and against the law to use on any channel if the
emergency channel on it is disabled.

But I was obviously wrong, since the cops in EVERY state say the law
is the opposite and that you will be thrown in jail for your illegal
terrorist activities

of obeying the FCC rules. Which only terrorists do.

Okay, so they didn't say "of obeying the FCC rules", but that's
obviously what they meant by saying the rest.

Old October 23rd 09, 01:02 AM
Senior Member

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy View Post
[...]

I think you are making too much out of nothing here. That wasn't even worth posting about.
N9ZAS
Old October 26th 09, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

On 16 oct, 23:53, radioguy wrote:
[...]

men , channel 9 is for that , transmitting in the event of a
emergency , is more illegal to ask to remove it from the radio , than
having it , here in chile we have almost identical FCC type laws ,
they are a copy , if a cop bitches you for being on the 9 , just say
that you are monitoring if a emergency happens , he has no influence
over it , ch 9 for emergencies is a gentlemans agreement , as 19 is
for truckers . here we even have attended a birth on channel 9 , there
are no laws about having or not having ch9 , ch9 is there for a reason
CITIZENS EMERGENCY COMMS , cops cant make their own laws , FCC owns
the airwaves not the cops !
Old October 26th 09, 11:27 PM
Senior Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisco aguirre View Post
[...]

Your'e a bright one aren't you? NO,the federal communications comm. doesn't OWN the airwaves!!! Read a book ok???
Old October 28th 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

radioguy wrote in news:9bc984a9-63e5-4e8f-a9b6-
:

While reading the cop forums, the cops said "it is against the law to
have a CB radio in your car unless the emergency channel on it is
disabled.

and only then may you legally use it to transmit on the other non
emergency channels.

The cops from all states agreed this was the law.

Now, the only emergency channel on a CB is 9.

Of course they know this. That is why they said "channel" and not
"channels" like on a scanner.

Son, what kind of crack are you smoking? NO cops in ANY state have ever
declared that it is illegal to have a CB radio capable of receiving or
transmitting on CB channel 9 - nor could they make (or enforce) such a law
even if they wanted to, The FCC is the ONLY government agency which has the
power and authority to regulate such activities.

Now, I could see a situation where police might prosecute someone for
falsly reporting an emergency that didn't actually exist using CB channel 9
- just as they would for a false report via telephone - but that has
nothing to do with what you seem to believe.

Nor does this have anything to do with the laws that exist in some states
prohibiting the use of police-band scanners in vehicles - that's a
different matter entirely.

I think disabling it defeats the purpose of having the channel on cb
in the first place, but the law is the law, ansd good upstanding moral
citixens MUST follow ALL laws, so it must be disabled from being able
to transmit on cb channel 9 while keeping the ability to transmit on
the other 39 channels in order to stay legal.

You are a gullible fool if you believe such a thing, just because you might
have read it on some blog. No such law exists in any state. Please provide
proof to the contrary if you disagree.

Besides it makes absolutely no sense. In fact, the state police in my area
post signs along the interstates advising motorists that they (the police)
monitor CB channel 9, and that motorists who need assistance SHOULD USE
CHANNEL 9 TO SUMMON HELP in the event of a breakdown, accident etc.

..

But I was obviously wrong, since the cops in EVERY state say the law
is the opposite and that you will be thrown in jail for your illegal
terrorist activities

The cops in EVERY state say so? Yeah, right. Have you considered seeking
psychiatric help for your paranoid delusions?