Old June 16th 10, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Disconne or Scantenna ?

Hello,

For an antenna to be mounted in my attic, and for the typical scanner
frequencies, am I better off with a Disconne, or with a
Scantenna brand antenna ?
Why ?

Also, am I right that the Scantenna is Omni-directional ?

Thanks,
Bob
Old June 17th 10, 01:02 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Kev Kev is offline

Bob wrote:
Hello,

For an antenna to be mounted in my attic, and for the typical scanner
frequencies, am I better off with a Disconne, or with a
Scantenna brand antenna ?
Why ?

Also, am I right that the Scantenna is Omni-directional ?

Thanks,
Bob

The scantenna I am sure does have some Gain on UHF freqs(none on VHF)
and they are better on certain bands

The Discone is Unity gain(no gain) across it's freq range but is a true
wide band antenna(will still work on HF freqs right up to highband UHF)

Both are omnidirectional

of course having either in an attic will lower reception on both. Is
there a reason for not mounting it outside, even on the side of the
building or hidden inside bit of PVC tubing on the roof(in the case of
the scantenna)

Kev

Disconne Or Scantenna Brand Antenna For Scanner Frequencies ? Bob[_27_] Antenna 5 June 16th 10 10:23 PM
Disconne Question Robert11[_2_] Antenna 18 October 27th 09 11:13 PM
disconne antenna suhan Scanner 0 December 20th 07 04:32 PM
discone or scantenna? redrum Scanner 18 January 9th 05 05:18 AM
Scantenna on 40-50 mhz RC Scanner 3 October 19th 03 01:57 PM