Old November 25th 03, 07:11 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

OOOOPPPS!!! That posting of mine was supposed to say on Radio Shack
Rechargable batteries!

Ryan KC8PMX

"w4jle" W4JLE(remove this to wrote in message
I use 1800mAH NiMh and charge them about once a week. I usually turn it on
about 6 hours a day.

The same type of batteries in my Yupiteru MVT-7100 have to be charged

every
other day under the same conditions.

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message
Don't know what the current draw is on the Pro-95, but I have had up to

18
hours under normal usage, (backlighting off) on the Radio Shack

batteries.

--
Ryan KC8PMX

"Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but

you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

wrote in message
Ken wrote:
The manual says 90ma when squelched. What does it draw when it is
scanning and there is audio?

Well, the back panel says to use a 300mA external supply, so
*theoretically* it shouldn't draw more than 300mA when charging dead
batteries with the light on and audio present.

--
Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH