Old March 8th 04, 10:01 PM
KD2PM

I have to agree that Hams can and do sometimes impede progress.

Having been one since 84 I still have to wonder why we are still using
analog and have this phobia towards digital? Ok before you jump, yes APRS,
Packet etc.. is digital..So why are we still using 1200 baud with very
little 9600 (used for links) and why not go higher and use digipeaters as
voice repeaters using IP or other transports that have been out there for
quite some time?

All the ole timers that used spark gap transmitters are history, so lets at
least try and keep up with the jones' or else the FCC is going to take the
rest of the spectrum away from us.

Gotta wonder why they took 220?

wrote in message ...
Check this out Buddy, you don't know enough about me to make a comment
like that.

It's not about the call sign, it's about the CLASS of license. I have
had a one by three call for forty years, that doesn't mean I have had
the same class of license all that time. I have friends that have two by
three calls and are extra's.

And yes Jon, I do agree with you that commercial companies would most
likely put in some big bucks to get there way with the government. Isn't
that the way it's done all of the time. Money talks the loudest.

I would bet the ARRL is in someone's pocket at the FCC. How about FCC
Chairman Michael J Powell, his father is the Secretary of State. Doubt
me? Look it up. A lot of hand holding goes on in DC.

Never anonymous Bud wrote:

While still snuggled in a 'spider hole', scribbled:

Well Me Jon, the only reason your are NOT on HF is your ham ticket.
It's a "TECHNICIAN" class.

You don't know much about ham callsigns, do you??

To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

This sig censored by the Office of Home and Land Insecurity....

Old March 14th 04, 02:06 AM
KD2PM

You are correct, but it was due to the lack of usage by the amatuer
community that persuaded the FCC to consider giving that part of the
spectrum away.

With BPL on the way, its yet another attempt to tell us the hams that our
time has come unless we can start using what we have left wisely