Old April 6th 04, 05:22 PM
Biff

Default Chicago Illinois Retail Stores for police scanenrs????

Anyone know where to buy Uniden scanners in the Chicagoland area? I am
interested in the BC-785D possibly. Google has come up blank.

Old April 7th 04, 12:31 AM
X-Eliminator

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:22:56 -0500, "Biff" wrote:

Anyone know where to buy Uniden scanners in the Chicagoland area? I am
interested in the BC-785D possibly. Google has come up blank.

Why would you pay retail when you could order off the internet at
discount, AND save the sales taxes ?!?!
Old April 7th 04, 02:16 AM
Paul Jensen

"X-Eliminator" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:22:56 -0500, "Biff" wrote:

Anyone know where to buy Uniden scanners in the Chicagoland area? I am
interested in the BC-785D possibly. Google has come up blank.

Why would you pay retail when you could order off the internet at
discount, AND save the sales taxes ?!?!

Maybe because he wants to see and touch it before he buys it, wants a place
to take it back to should something go wrong without the hassle of shipping
it, because he doesn't want to pay shipping charges which could be more than
the sales tax, and maybe he wants it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old April 7th 04, 03:49 AM
Biff

That was exactly what I was after. Wanted to see it in person and break it
in the store before I got my hands on it at home. I have bought a few things
on the Internet and was disapointed with it. I finally said the hell with it
and ordered the BC-785D.

Did pretty good on the price too. $281 total. I did want it NOW too. LOL
Nothing gets me more than spending a whole day researching it on the web and
not able to go drive down and get it.

Old April 7th 04, 05:39 AM
Fred Shabec

try:
http://www.amateur-radio-toy-store.com/

Old April 7th 04, 06:19 AM
Biff

damn..... that was the one I was looking for. I knew ther was one out here
somepalce. Thanks

link.net...

Old April 7th 04, 05:44 PM
Tom S

I see you are in Lake in the Hills. Being that far north, why not head up to
AES in Milwaukee?? As far as "the toy store", I've tried to visit the place
in the past. The hours are kind of hit and miss. You may want to call first
to make sure the owner will be there as it seems like a one-man shop.

Just a thought,

Tom - AC9TS

Old April 7th 04, 05:46 PM
Tom S

Opps. I just noticed Fred S is in Lake in the Hills. Biff, I have no idea
where you are......still Milwaukee isn't that far from Chicago....

Old April 7th 04, 10:04 PM
Biff

I am in Glen Ellyn area..... I looked at AES and thought about it. I would
have had to pay sales tax which would have brought it up there a little in
price. Ended up getting it from www.buy.com for $281 shipped. AES was $299
delivered without tax. Suppose I could have had them ship it from AES and
probably gotten it quicker than buy.com and not paid the tax.which would
have been $16.80.

Total from AES would have been $306.79 not including a 200 mile round trip,
and we all know what gas costs these days.

Old April 10th 04, 07:51 PM
Vic Martinez

I've got an unblocked Pro-26 'european version' handheld for sale
$100.00 25mhz-1.3ghz No blocks, No gaps, not modified in any way. a
google search should produce more details/reviews of this model. a
perfect supplement scanner to fill in the 'gaps'. Excellent Condition.
E-Mail if interested.