Old April 10th 04, 09:44 AM
Jabba

Default PRO-2004 Dry Solder Joints

Recently had the problems others have experienced with my PRO-2004 in
relation to the unit powering up but not showing the display and only
emitting a hiss from the speaker. After reading through all the previous
posts to this group about this problem I believe it is a loose or dry solder
joint.

Now I have pulled the beast apart and inspected it but have come up empty
handed. Can somebody who has experienced this problem suggest some likely
points to examine, or suggest another cause of action which could be taken.

Cheers,
Jabba

Old April 11th 04, 03:58 AM
JER1538A

ITS THE SOLDER FEED THROUGH HOLES FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BOARDS (S)
Old April 11th 04, 03:29 PM
X-Eliminator

The links pretty much tell the story. I have a lot of work to do on my
"9A7" PRO-2004 to make it work again.

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:42:35 GMT, "Frank346"
wrote:

See the links below (which may wrap due to length).

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...d=tech&num=562
http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...1&archive=1002
http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...9&archive=1201

"Barry OGrady" wrote in message
.. .
On 11 Apr 2004 02:58:49 GMT, (JER1538A) wrote:

ITS THE SOLDER FEED THROUGH HOLES FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM OF THE

BOARDS (S)

WHAT IS?

-Barry

Old April 12th 04, 04:58 AM
Jabba

Thanks all.

Thought it would be a nice easy project for the Easter weekend... maybe not

Jabba

news

wrote:

See the links below (which may wrap due to length).

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...d=tech&num=562

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...=message&num=8

451&archive=1002

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...=message&num=1