Old May 7th 04, 05:13 PM
b.j.

I can't think of a more stupid request !!!!
b.j.

"w2rac" wrote in message
Only if the person has a speakerphone, or the volume up to much.

Then you cant help hearing them as they YELL at the caller.

I hate NEXTEL (speakerphone and the beeping) and stupid people who
dont turn down the volume!!!! They dont even realise they are yelling
into the phone.

I didnot until my wife said something.

As for radio RX, that is a NO-NO

On 5 May 2004 10:38:29 -0700, (toplocker) wrote:

I'm a freelance journalist doing an article on cel phone spy culture
and would love to talk to some people who have done this with some
frequency. I can quote anonymously and am not looking to do a hatchet
job. Just wanting to learn more about it.

Anyone willing to talk can email me @

Thanks

Michael Clarke

Old May 7th 04, 07:17 PM
WG

I love to listen to cell and cordless phones. It is only illegal in the land
of the free but not illegal in truly free countries. It is a good close look
at the personal lives of other people. I have 2 radios setup that can listen
to cell and a few months ago I was having coffee with some members of the
local city police and gave them a demo. They just loved the way that drug
dealers talk so openly on the cell system.

om...

Old May 7th 04, 09:34 PM
LW

(toplocker) wrote ...

I'm a freelance journalist doing an article on cel phone spy culture
and would love to talk to some people who have done this with some
frequency.

Check
http://www.mods.dk and see what scanners are cell capable. And
go buy one from a pawn shop and do the mod.

Do your own listening and get the story first-hand.

Most cell phone systems are digitized now, so there's not as much
chatter to listen to as there was several years ago.

Sold my last scanner 4 years ago. No room for 'em here in the
'frigerator box.
Old May 8th 04, 12:50 AM
JOE

I'm a freelance journalist doing an article on cel phone spy culture
and would love to talk to some people who have done this with some
frequency. I can quote anonymously and am not looking to do a hatchet
job. Just wanting to learn more about it.

Perhaps you should start out your writing career by learning to spell.

Nevermind that cell phones are ALL digital now. There is nothing
to be heard.

Troll.

Old May 8th 04, 02:58 AM
Donald K

JOE wrote:

Nevermind that cell phones are ALL digital now. There is nothing
to be heard.

Analog AMPS is still in service around here.

-D
--
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright
Old May 8th 04, 02:29 PM
: DeeVee :

Years ago, when cell calls could be heard on
scanners without modifications etc .. back before
there were CHEAP cellphone talk time plans ...
when people would say, " I will call you when I
get to the office or home, I am on my
$$cellphone$$." I heard a man on his cell, calling
a pay for phone sex number ... I thought to myself
... As expensive as this call must be, he could
have hired a hooker ..

Is this the wrong type of post to make here ??
Sorry if I offended anyone.

--
From the messy desk of: DeeVee

om...

Old May 8th 04, 04:11 PM

Hey Joe,

All and nothing are big words..plenty of action on my pro-2032.
Perhaps you should do a little research next time.