Old May 5th 04, 09:11 PM
JW

Default Computer programming the PRO 89

Has anyone ever had any luck programming the PRO 89 with radio shack's
program and cable? I tried numerous times without success, then called
1800-the shack and asked them if they had complaints from anyone else. They
said no. Then, after answering some questions from them, they asked what OS
I was running, which is Windows XP. Then they told me it won't work on XP.

I went to my laptop, which runs W98. It'll try, but I have to fiddle with
the cable, and get it just right in the jack to program anything into the
radio. Then I keep getting errors, partial loads, and not everything is on
the channel have it on in the computer.

Any one else have problems with this?

--
John Walker

Old May 5th 04, 11:42 PM

No Problem here, but I do not use the radio shack software or cable. I
made my own cable, and downloaded a free programming utility off the
internet. I can not remember the name of the program, but search for
program, scanner, pro-89 in google and see what shows up.

"JW" wrote:
Has anyone ever had any luck programming the PRO 89 with radio shack's
program and cable? I tried numerous times without success, then called
1800-the shack and asked them if they had complaints from anyone else.
They said no. Then, after answering some questions from them, they asked
what OS I was running, which is Windows XP. Then they told me it won't
work on XP.

I went to my laptop, which runs W98. It'll try, but I have to fiddle with
the cable, and get it just right in the jack to program anything into the
radio. Then I keep getting errors, partial loads, and not everything is
on the channel have it on in the computer.

Any one else have problems with this?

--
Mike Flyin'8
Old May 6th 04, 12:27 AM
Frank346

Try this program instead: http://www.glyff.net/software/prolink/

Old May 8th 04, 10:45 PM
JW

Got the Procomm program - it works great. Better than the Radio Shack
version by far! Still using the radio shack cable, and still have to fiddle
around to get it in the right spot, but it works.

Thanks for the responses.

Old June 23rd 04, 08:09 PM

I had no problem uploading my data from my win98 PC to my pro-89
scanner.
On Sat, 8 May 2004 17:45:15 -0400, "JW" wrote:

if they had complaints from

Old June 24th 04, 04:01 PM
Sideshow

My Pro-89 loads just fine with the RS cable and sw. The Prolink does
not seem different to me. What is the Procomm sw like?