Old May 21st 04, 10:15 AM
MelvinSlankerd

Default Most Common 900 Phone Frequencies?

What would folks say are the most common (dozen or so) 900mhz phone
frequencies? I figure I would add a dozen or so into my scanner, but did not
want to sit down and plug in hundreds of frequencies.

Old May 22nd 04, 01:49 PM
Kilgore Trout Jr

Best bet is to just set your scanner to do a "limit search" between 902-907
MHz. You may also find activity between 925-928 MHz.

Old May 22nd 04, 03:49 PM
Andy in NJ

"MelvinSlankerd" wrote in message
What would folks say are the most common (dozen or so) 900mhz phone
frequencies? I figure I would add a dozen or so into my scanner, but did

not
want to sit down and plug in hundreds of frequencies.

From looking at your ISP, it appears you are in the US, so why would we
share frequencies with you that are illegal to intentionally monitor (which
appears to be your intent)?

Old May 22nd 04, 06:42 PM
MelvinSlankerd

Best bet is to just set your scanner to do a "limit search" between 902-907
MHz. You may also find activity between 925-928 MHz. Someguy

Agreed. And, I sometimes do that. If I had to say "what are the most common
frequencies" on the older phones I would say: 43.72, 44.12, 46.71, 46.97

I was hoping that, in fact, the modern 900 mhz phones would mainly settle down
into just a few "most common" frequencies --I could then plug into my scanner.
That would allow to me "scan" for them directly in conjunction with other
frequencies. Rather than "nursemaid" the scanner and jogging between scan and
limit search.

Old May 30th 04, 08:51 PM
john wilson

900 mhz. frequency relationships within the assigned frequency range are unique
to the manufacturer of the equipment. There are no common
"standard" frequencies. The analog signals typically are WBFM with very limited
range.