Old June 14th 04, 01:37 AM
Enrique GN

Default 2.4GHz Band

does some interesting communication exist in the band of 2.4 GHz?
thank you

Old June 14th 04, 04:56 AM
Mediaguy500

does some interesting communication exist in the band of 2.4 GHz?
thank you

I don't know.if anything interesting exists there or not. I can tell you that
my own videosender operates there in FM-TV mode, whenever I feel like turning
it on. (for either video or audio)

It is also a ham band, so ham radio and ham tv operators can operate there
also.

It's also a band used for some wireless security cameras.

and it's also an ISM band, for industrial, scientific, and medical devices.

Although I haven't seen anything there yet except for my videosender, but then
my scanner is extremely exremely very poor at picking up in the 2.4 ghz band.

My videosender reciever does a much much much better job of picking up signals
in the 2.4 ghz band on the channels it operates on, but is limited to only four
frequencies (channels).

however, the ARRL repeater book does list some ham tv repeaters up there
(dependiing on your location, none in my area) and some ham radio repeaters
there (again depending on your location).

and some 2.4 ghz cordless telephones operate up there also.

Old June 14th 04, 09:44 PM
Mediaguy500

oops. I just realized that my videosender receiver is only good for very
wideband fm transmissions and not for narrow fm transmissions.

I've read somewhere that FM-TV is wider than the 6 mhz that AM-TV is.

So I'll have to stick to listening to my very very very poor scanner to find
any narrow fm transmissions in the 2.4 ghz range, if any exist around here.

I can still use my videosender reciever to see if any FM-TV transmissions in
the 2.4 ghz range can be picked up from my house or not other than my own
videosender.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
PROHIBIT THE USE OF CITIZENS BAND RADIO KAXN-9546 CB 44 September 28th 04 10:31 AM
Muilti band quad with a single loop? tj Antenna 2 July 21st 04 07:24 PM
More Truckers Busted Using Modified CB's on Ham 10m Band Leland C. Scott CB 122 June 4th 04 12:51 PM