Old October 28th 04, 08:15 PM
mikeBNF

well surely it must be the rf amp tranny
if you have a genny trace it through the first stage, should be simple

mike

"Bo Harris" wrote in message
om...
Connector checked out ok. I bypassed the BNC and put the freq
generator on the BNC points on the IF board. Still the signal had to
be 100 microvolts to break squelch. RS does not carry the Service
Manual OR parts for the 43 any more.
Does anyone have or know someone with a damaged Pro-43 that has a good
IF board? Till then I'm still poking around...
kevcat wrote in message

sounds like it
a broken connection between the antenna connector and the board, is the
BNC socket also loose?, good sign

Kev

Bo Harris wrote:

Thanks Mike. I'm looking into that now. It has to be kind of simple

fix since the radio IS working.

mikeBNF wrote:

a common problem is the wire to the pcb from the socket twisting and
breaking the joints and the first surface mount coil going o/c or

lifting.
mike

"Bo Harris" wrote in message

I need a Pro-43 Service manual in a bad way. I have a Pro-2006

service
Manual i can copy for trade. If anything, I need a copy of the

schematic
for the boards. I bought a used 43 and the signal is very weak.

It's
tuned but takes a very strong signal to break squelch. It has been
bench tested to prove this.

---

---

Old October 29th 04, 10:07 PM
Rich Elgin

I did a quick search on Goggle (+Pro-43 +manual) and here is one link to a
site that has Radioshack mauals to download.
http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=873
Rich

Old October 30th 04, 12:38 AM
Bo Harris

Thanks for the looking but, this is not the Service Manual. I just had
a very generous person email me the PDF of the complete SM.

Old October 31st 04, 10:54 PM
Steve S.

If you don't mind doing that - the 3 megs is no problem with adsl;-) and
this address will allow 10 meg
attaches.

My 2006 has the Optoscan interface and is still a much used piece of kit -
but it has the habit of going deaf after a variable amount of time switched
on - hence the need for a service manual....

Thanks!
S.

Old November 12th 04, 02:40 PM
DADEO

I SHOULD HAVE MY MANUAL SOMWHERE,IS THIS WHAT YOU NEED?IF SO,LET ME KNOW
AND I CAN SCAN IT INTO A EMAIL AND SEND IT TO YOU.JUST POST A REPLY HERE
IF YOU STILL NEED. MIKE

Old November 12th 04, 02:46 PM
DADEO

wasn't thinking,if you need the manual that comes with the radio,just email
me and i'll get it to you.

NEEDED: service manual for Denon DN-961FA Daniel Houg Broadcasting 1 March 4th 04 05:00 AM
Parts and Service needed for a WaveTek 4200 Service Monitor WB8ICT Equipment 0 January 3rd 04 09:23 PM
TS 440 Service manual Howard Equipment 2 November 24th 03 03:04 PM
TS 440 Service manual Howard Equipment 0 November 24th 03 06:20 AM