Old December 24th 04, 03:28 PM
DougSlug

Default HF communications from Santa

Does anyone do a "broadcast from Santa" on any of the HF ham bands that I
could tune into for my children to hear on Christmas Eve? I seem to recall
reading something about this in past years. Sure would be fun, and a great
way to spark the young'uns interest in radio!

- Doug

Old December 24th 04, 03:48 PM
Bill Crocker

It's probably been viewed a politically incorrect, due to offending illegal
aliens in our country, therefore not allowed under the New World Order!

Of course I'm joking, but with what I've been hearing on the news, it
wouldn't surprise me! A local school here in Michigan, had their school
band playing Christmas songs. Just music, no singing. Two parents
complained that they were offended, because they could hear the words in
their heads! If they were hearing the words in their head, I think the
parents should have been committed. But NO!!!! The band was ordered to
stop playing Christmas music, permanently!

Then we had another incident, where a school was putting on a play. They
had different stage setups, for Kwanza, Muslims, etc. One parent had built
a beautiful manger scene, with baby Jesus. Again, a few parents in the
audience were offended, and ONLY the manger scene had to be removed! What a
bunch of crap!!!

Bill Crocker

Old December 24th 04, 04:09 PM
Paul Keenleyside

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
Then we had another incident, where a school was putting on a play. They

had different stage setups, for Kwanza, Muslims, etc. One parent had
built a beautiful manger scene, with baby Jesus. Again, a few parents in
the audience were offended, and ONLY the manger scene had to be removed!
What a bunch of crap!!!

Had the same thing happen in Marysville (north of Everett Washington). Seems
some school official didn't want the kids
singing Christmas carols because they would be deemed too offensive.

Then there's the on going debate about the green tree being a Holiday Tree
in one part of Seattle.

Never heard much of this Kwanzaa thing. Up here in Canada it's Hanukkah and
Christmas mostly, with Dhawhali
thrown in (a winter celebration for those of the Sikh faith that's been
happening for over 600 years

What is Kwanzaa?

Then on the 26th, its Boxing Day, where everyone goes to the Shopping Maul.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Old December 24th 04, 08:20 PM
krackula

kinda the way I feel too , sometimes , but the " sad " facts are
( here in central California anyway ) that we white anglos are a
small minority of the population and " the times they are a'changin ".
the latinos ( mostly illegal aliens ) make up about 56% of the local
population ( 1.2 million in our metro and about 1.8 to 2.2mil in
this county ) and they are catholic. they want spanish spoken
in schools and around town and mostly want to import their
home culture into this country. they don't care much about speaking
american english or about american customs in general.
this angers the small minority of very vocal " born again christians "
because they think they are discriminated against. another 18 % to 28
% of the population is hmong , cambodians, pakis , hindus, and sikhs.
most of these are legal immigrants and LOVE to voice their new found
freedom of speech and religion. if they don't get their ( in their
view ) fair shake they are VERY vocal about it. TV in these parts
mentions ONLY the " holiday " season because mentioning " christmas "
can anger and discriminate against a LARGE portion of the local
population. ( like in San Francisco, we have a large number of
different ethnic TV channels , most of which are Indian and mexican ,
there are more mexican speaking FM stations than english speaking ones
) I've NEVER seen so much trouble extended , in the media and stores
, to avoid trying to anger so many different groups.
it's a TOTALLY ( insert rude expletive here ) -up mess.

it's strange new world , here, and probably gonna get worse before
all is said and done. if you live in places where your ethnic and /
or religious groups are still in the majority or maybe just " par "
with the others , rejoice this " holiday " season ..... it may be an
endangered experience and due for major change .

k.............

now lets seeeeeeeee ...... whare'd I put that spanish / american
dictionary. want to go out shopping for last minute christm....... er
ah ..... " holiday " bargains but can't read those sale signs. ah aha
haaha ahhha ah a trippy ...............

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:24:37 GMT, "Ken" wrote:

DAMN STRAIGHT BILL, Well Said! I'm feed up with this third world loser crap
coming into this The Greatest Country in the World taking advantage of all
we have to offer and then trying to distort it because there to stupid to
know what else to do with it. It's time we send these **** politics and
lawyers packing and start making things right. I hope I offended somebody
and they can kiss my ass. IMHO

Old December 26th 04, 11:05 PM
big-boy-now

I was born in britain i am prowd to be british.
what gets my going. is if i was to go to another country i would have to
abide by that country,s laws and there ways.
so why should we not be allowed to celebrate out culture in our country the
way we have dont for yeas...
why should some people who are are not british who are living in our country
be allowed to complain about our culures times of year we celibrate...
if these people dont like our ways why dont they just got home and dicktate
there own cultures and was....
i am not in any was a racist person i have many freinds of various races and
they hold the same veiws as me.

Old December 27th 04, 12:08 AM
Surreyscanner

so why should we not be allowed to celebrate out culture in our country the
way we have dont for yeas...

I wasnt aware that we were prohobited from celebrating our culture as we
have done for years, this christmas was like any other (apart from
working christmas day and boxing day) I did not feel restricted.

I celebrated it as I have done every other christmas I can remember, in
the company of family and friends and with copious amounts of alcohol ;-)

regards

happy christmas & a merry new year to you all

James

Old December 30th 04, 09:43 PM
Al Klein

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:01:12 -0500, "Stand up for your right to
practice religion" said in
alt.radio.scanner:

You can thank the weasels known as the ACLU (better fitting would be the
Anti Christian Liberation Union) - for that. This country was "founded" on
Christianity.

One of the earliest treaties ratified by Congress says exactly the
opposite, but don't let reality spoil your delusion.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1389 – March 26, 2004 Radionews Broadcasting 0 March 28th 04 06:38 AM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM