Old January 10th 05, 02:52 PM

Default What is your most popular band you listen to on your scanner

I am just curious. Thinking of building some antennas for specific
bands and was wondering wahat was most popular.

Old January 10th 05, 04:15 PM
Paul Keenleyside

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am just curious. Thinking of building some antennas for specific
bands and was wondering wahat was most popular.

1) Fire Service and RCMP (Police)
2) Railway
3) Ferries (Marine)
4) Aviation (Airport).
5) Skytrain (transit)

Old January 10th 05, 04:51 PM

How far away from the airport are you? What frequcny at the airport do
you listen?

Old January 11th 05, 03:26 AM
Paul Keenleyside

wrote in message
oups.com...
How far away from the airport are you? What frequcny at the airport do
you listen?

About 5 miles east. Air traffic control mostly. With some ground control.

118.70
119.50
128.60

Old January 10th 05, 06:32 PM
Mark Holmes

1. Aircraft, 118-136 MHz
2. Aircraft, 225-400 MHz

Mark Holmes
Marion, IL

Old January 11th 05, 02:25 PM
Nick

1. Aircraft, 118-136 MHz
2. Aircraft, 225-400 MHz

-Nick

Old January 11th 05, 02:39 PM
Tom H

submarine control frequencies, 200 - 300 Hz

ps.com...

Old January 12th 05, 09:30 PM
Dave Holford

Tom H wrote:
submarine control frequencies, 200 - 300 Hz

wrote in message
ps.com...

I am just curious. Thinking of building some antennas for specific
bands and was wondering wahat was most popular.

I'm also curious.

Whose left besides the Russians?

I understand the USN has, or is about to, shut down their operation-
which was quite a way below 200 Hz anyway.

Dave
Old January 11th 05, 09:11 PM

1. Aircraft, 118-136 MHz
2. Aircraft, 225-400 MHz
3. Police

FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 October 8th 05 12:47 AM
Using the tape deck as a means to listen to your scanner in the car. klown Scanner 4 July 20th 04 03:12 AM
Pro-95 Scanner John Jenkins Scanner 2 January 16th 04 01:21 AM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM