Old February 9th 05, 10:30 PM
William Martin

Default WinScanRS

[This followup was posted to and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

[This followup was posted to rec.radio.scanner and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

I want to purchase a copy of WinScanRS for a Radio Shack Pro-2052.

The software by Pozilla seems to have been discontinued at all of the
on-line distributers I have checked. I submitted a query a week ago on
the the Pozilla Web site (http://www.pozillatech.com/scanners.html), but
have received no response.

Can anyone help me?

-- Bill Martin --
Old February 10th 05, 04:56 AM
Rob Mills

"William Martin" wrote in message
ell.edu...
[This followup was posted to and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

have received no response.

Sounds like Pozilla alright. I had a problem trying to get their demo to
work (it kept freezing up) several years ago and never could get any
response from them. At one time Grove sold Winscan, don't know if they still
have it or not. RM ~

Old February 11th 05, 03:05 PM
NWTSCL

I would highly recommend not purchasing anything by Pozilla. The are
notorious for taking your money and running.

Take a look at the attached file. One of their customer's filed a
complaint against Pozilla. But the State of Arizona Office of the
Attorney General was never able to find them, even though Pozilla is
supposed to be headquartered in Arizona.

Old February 11th 05, 03:06 PM
NWTSCL

Well, shoot. I guess this group doesn't allow attachments. Let me
know if you want a copy of the Attorney General's letter. I'll email
it to you.

Old February 11th 05, 04:06 PM
Evan Platt

wrote:

I would highly recommend not purchasing anything by Pozilla. The are
notorious for taking your money and running.

Take a look at the attached file. One of their customer's filed a
complaint against Pozilla. But the State of Arizona Office of the
Attorney General was never able to find them, even though Pozilla is
supposed to be headquartered in Arizona.

What about their whois data which lists an address in Arizona?

Old February 12th 05, 03:26 PM
NWTSCL

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:38:12 GMT, Never anonymous Bud
wrote:

Using a finger dipped in purple ink, NWTSCL scribed:

Take a look at the attached file. One of their customer's filed a
complaint against Pozilla. But the State of Arizona Office of the
Attorney General was never able to find them, even though Pozilla is
supposed to be headquartered in Arizona.

Like I said before, IF the Az AG can't find them,
BUT let's them continue to do business, then
the State of Arizona is completely stupid.

ALL them need to do is send a subpoena to their listed address
in their WhoIs data, and then cut a warrant for them when they
don't appear.

Let's see. Their website is www.pozillasoft.com. Well, it used to be.
They've now moved to www.pozillatech.com/ and have changed their name
to Pozilla Technologies Corp. Why the change? Of course, they do not
offer a physical address or phone number; to contact them, you must
fill in their silly form. Their new IP 206.80.215.245, which is
registered to U S WEST Internet Services out of Denver, CO. This is
likely a dead end. If you can offer up valid contact info, please do.
I'm sure many people would like to know. I'm guessing that Pozilla
isn't in AZ anymore; they packed up and ran.

I don't know why the AZ Attorney General has not prosecuted or
whatever. Maybe they have. I don't know--I can't speak for them.
That's something that only the Attorney General's Office can answer.
If you want to know, ask them. The letter copy I have is dated April
27, 2004. The number listed on it for Consumer Information and
Complaints division is 602-542-5763. Give them a call and ask for
Pamela Crabtree. But I do know that you cannot prosecute what you
cannot find.

And I do know that ~numerous~ people have been trying to contact them
(myself included) and they never respond. Ignoring customers is bad
business. Plain and simple. No two ways about it. That's why I
recommended not using them.

Old February 12th 05, 05:20 PM
NWTSCL

You REALLY don't understand how things work, do you??

You REALLY fight about stupid stuff, don't you. If it's so easy, get
their address and phone number. Post it here. I'll be waiting, big
mouth.

Old February 14th 05, 11:05 PM
PowerHouse Communications

"NWTSCL" wrote in message

Let's see. Their website is www.pozillasoft.com. Well, it used to be.
They've now moved to www.pozillatech.com/ and have changed their name
to Pozilla Technologies Corp. Why the change? Of course, they do not
offer a physical address or phone number; to contact them, you must
fill in their silly form. Their new IP 206.80.215.245, which is
registered to U S WEST Internet Services out of Denver, CO. This is
likely a dead end. If you can offer up valid contact info, please do.
I'm sure many people would like to know. I'm guessing that Pozilla
isn't in AZ anymore; they packed up and ran.

Well, if you use the USWest WHOIS search, you get this. Pretty easy to
find...
---------------
pozillatech.com

Similar Names - See suggested alternatives for this domain
The data contained in Go Daddy Software, Inc.'s WhoIs
database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without
the prior written
permission of Go Daddy Software, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In
particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for
any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, Go Daddy Software, Inc.
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
Pozilla Technologies
12222 Paradise Village
Parkway South #331A
Phoenix, Arizona 85032
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: POZILLATECH.COM
Created on: 01-Nov-04
Expires on: 01-Nov-06
Last Updated on: 01-Nov-04

Administrative Contact:
Goldman, Adam
Pozilla Technologies
12222 Paradise Village
Parkway South #331A
Phoenix, Arizona 85032
United States
6027576559 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Goldman, Adam

Pozilla Technologies
12222 Paradise Village
Parkway South #331A
Phoenix, Arizona 85032
United States
6027576559 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
PARK11.SECURESERVER.NET
PARK12.SECURESERVER.NET

The previous information has been obtained either directly
from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network
Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or
completeness.

Show underlying registry data for this record

Current Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
IP Address: 206.80.215.245 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)
Lock Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Data as of: 08-Jun-2004

----------------
Clicking on "Show underlying registry data for this record" gives you this:
----------------

pozillatech.com

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to
http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: POZILLATECH.COM
Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: PARK11.SECURESERVER.NET
Name Server: PARK12.SECURESERVER.NET
Updated Date: 01-nov-2004
Creation Date: 01-nov-2004
Expiration Date: 01-nov-2006

Last update of whois database: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:52:55 EST

----------------
Finally, the GODADDY WHOIS gives you this:
----------------
Registrant:
Pozilla Technologies

12222 Paradise Village
Parkway South #331A
Phoenix, Arizona 85032
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: POZILLATECH.COM
Created on: 01-Nov-04
Expires on: 01-Nov-06
Last Updated on: 01-Nov-04

Administrative Contact:
Goldman, Adam
Pozilla Technologies
12222 Paradise Village
Parkway South #331A
Phoenix, Arizona 85032
United States
6027576559
Technical Contact:
Goldman, Adam

Pozilla Technologies
12222 Paradise Village
Parkway South #331A
Phoenix, Arizona 85032
United States
6027576559

Domain servers in listed order:
PARK11.SECURESERVER.NET
PARK12.SECURESERVER.NET
This domain is NOT Available

Report Invalid Whois

---------------------
If you notice above, there is link to click on to report an invalid WHOIS.
If you truly believe that the WHOIS information is in fact invalid, then why
not click it and report them... You had better have some proof to back up
your claims however... If you are REALLY looking to stick it to them, this
would be your best bet...

LINK for reporting (in case the above isn't clickable):
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/regis....asp?isc=&se=%
2B&from_app=&mscssid=&pl_id=1&prog_id=GoDaddy&doma in=POZILLATECH%2ECOM

I'm sure there will be some form of word-wrap here, you may have to copy and
paste...

Old February 15th 05, 02:03 AM
NWTSCL

Many thanks for the effort!

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:05:54 -0600, "PowerHouse Communications"
wrote:

.. .