Old February 23rd 05, 09:29 AM
Fac

Default To owners of a JIL SX-200: display blocked on "89APL-E"

I have an old JIL SX-200 (http://www.rigpix.com/miscrx/jil_sx200.htm)
and it worked perfectly until yesterday...
While listening on VHF, all signals disappeared and now I can hear
only white noise.

And suddenly this error message "89APL-E" appeared on the display.
Since then I'm not able to enter any frequency or set the clock.

On the service manual this error "89APL-E" is mentioned and it should
happen when power supply is cut with the scanner switched-off in clock
mode.

Any suggestion for solving this problem on my old dear sx-200?

Thanks in advance,

Fac
Old February 23rd 05, 05:17 PM
Ender

On 23 Feb 2005 01:29:46 -0800, (Fac) wrote:

I have an old JIL SX-200 (
http://www.rigpix.com/miscrx/jil_sx200.htm)
and it worked perfectly until yesterday...
While listening on VHF, all signals disappeared and now I can hear
only white noise.

And suddenly this error message "89APL-E" appeared on the display.
Since then I'm not able to enter any frequency or set the clock.

On the service manual this error "89APL-E" is mentioned and it should
happen when power supply is cut with the scanner switched-off in clock
mode.

Any suggestion for solving this problem on my old dear sx-200?

Thanks in advance,

Fac

Wow, it has been a long time since I had my JIL SX-200! I can't
recall if there is a readily accessible "reset" switch, but I would
give that a shot if you can locate it. My JIL SX-400 is still running
great, but a couple of times each year it will lock up and require a
reset, then it comes back to life and continues to scan on.

Good luck with it!

Ender
____
[____]
(OIIIIIIO)
[] []
Old February 25th 05, 09:59 AM
Fac

Thanks Ender for your answer.

I have a copy of the service manual of the SX-200 but I can't locate a
reset switch... it's sure is not external.
I'll examine again all the schemas more in details.

I bought My SX-200 for 40 euros 3 years ago and worked very well: it
was quite good on air-band...

Just for curiosity, on the SX-400 the reset switch is internal or
external?

Bye,
Fac