Old February 25th 05, 10:32 AM
TomCat4680

Default ISO DC adapter

i want to get a DC adapter for my Pro 96 and Pro 92.

The Pro 96 manual say needs a 9 volt, 300 mA adapter (no catalog number
listed), and the RS site says it needs RS catalog number 273-1863,
which is 1000 mA. I'm assuming this is a misprint, but lets not get
into rants about how we hate Radio Shack, its been done thousands of
time. (i love them btw).

then i looked in the Pro 92 manual and it says it also needs a 9 volt,
300 mA adapter and recomends catalog 273-1810, which is the right mA
for both the Pro 92 and Pro 96, but according to the RS site, it isnt
sold any more. again, no need for ranting.

i know which adapta plug i need for both (C for 96 and H for 92,
according to the manuals)

so which one do I need?

thanx
Tom

Old February 25th 05, 10:47 PM
Al Arduengo

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:32:02 -0800, TomCat4680 wrote:

i want to get a DC adapter for my Pro 96 and Pro 92.

The Pro 96 manual say needs a 9 volt, 300 mA adapter (no catalog number
listed), and the RS site says it needs RS catalog number 273-1863,
which is 1000 mA. I'm assuming this is a misprint, but lets not get
into rants about how we hate Radio Shack, its been done thousands of
time. (i love them btw).

then i looked in the Pro 92 manual and it says it also needs a 9 volt,
300 mA adapter and recomends catalog 273-1810, which is the right mA
for both the Pro 92 and Pro 96, but according to the RS site, it isnt
sold any more. again, no need for ranting.

i know which adapta plug i need for both (C for 96 and H for 92,
according to the manuals)

so which one do I need?

thanx
Tom

I use a 6V adapter for my Pro-96. (273-1859)
-Al
--
~/.signature

Old February 26th 05, 12:47 AM
DougSlug

You can use an adapter with a higher current rating than 300 mA--so although
1000 mA is way overkill, it won't hurt anything. The good thing about
getting one with a higher current rating is that you may be able to use it
with other equipment, too (or both radios at the same time if you get a
Y-cord for the Adapt-A-Plug system). The bad thing is that the higher
current rating model will generally cost more. The current rating must be
at least as high as the amount of supply current that the unit uses (usually
found on the specifications page in the manual).

- Doug

oups.com...