Old March 14th 05, 11:51 PM
lsmyer

Default CCrane CCatalog CCame today

I just got my new CCrane catalog today. As I flipped through it, I saw some
cool stuff that would be fun to have.

Then I noticed the new BC92XLT handheld scanner from Uniden. Since I had
just bought one last month, I glanced at CCrane's price: $159.95! I got mine
at my local Wal-Mart for $99.95!

Nothing against the CCrane people, but the $60 difference is a lot of money
to me, especially when Wal-Mart offers the convenience of 24-hour shopping,
no waiting, and a very liberal return policy.

So to anyone who is thinking about ordering a new BC92XLT from CCrane, know
that a $60 savings is as close as your neighborhood Wal-Mart.

Old March 15th 05, 01:28 AM
dociscool

Looks to be the same as a Radio Shack PRO-83. Bought mine for $60 during
Radio Shack's day after Thanksgiving sale.

Old March 15th 05, 05:01 AM
Joe R.Morris, Jr.

For sure I agree with you about that issue......I bought my Radio Shack Pro
83 (basically the same as the BC92XLT) with the same features and all.....I
bought my scanner for $83 on ebay brand new.....and in Radio Shack they were
$120 on the shelf.......saved myself a little bit there too.....good ole
ebay....LOL Just thought I would throw my 2 cents worth in there.......

Joebaby
High Tech Redneck
Rednecks, Inc. ©2005

Old March 16th 05, 02:18 AM

About seven years ago I bought one of those ccrane Sangean radios that
Art Bell and George Noory tout so much about.At the same time I bought
one of those round antennas with the knob in the middle of the antenna,I
paid about $57.00 for that antenna.I was hoping with that antenna and
that radio I could pick up KVOO Tulsa,Oklahoma better than my old beat
up radios could.At that time,KVOO was broadcasting on the AM band.That
radio with that antenna did not pick up anything any better than my
other old radios did.I sent it back to ccrane company (I got a new
ccrane catalog yesterday too,it's that radio on the back cover of the
ccrane catalog) and I bought a Sangean ATS-909 shortwave radio.I also
own some old shortwave radios and that radio did not pick up anything
any better than my old shortwave radios either.I suppose ccrane company
might still have the data in their computers or on paper of when I
bought those two radios and that antenna and when I sent them back to
ccrane for my refunds.Over priced and over rated JUNK! ccrane company
sells,in my opinion! Are y'all two KOOKS! listening,Art Bell and George
Noory and you too,Bob Crane? Over rated and Over priced JUNK! Bob Crane
and company sells! Fool me once,shame on me,Fool me twice,shame on you!
I will Never buy anything ccrane company sells again or anything Art
Bell and George Noory touts about again either.
cuhulin

Old March 16th 05, 05:42 AM
George Kinzer

got mine yesterday, only thing I saw that I liked was the miniature color
TV with video and audio inputs, still kinda high.
They are ridiculously high.
Some nice stuff, but dang....