Old March 30th 05, 03:06 PM
n/d n/d

Default ICOM IC-PCR100 DECODE FILTERS CW USB SSB

Hello
I have a radio ICOM IC-PCR100. I have only the modes FM, WFM and AM. I wish
to use modes SSB, CW and USB. Could you tell me if there is a software or a
decoder than can do it.
Thank you.
JF

Old March 30th 05, 05:02 PM

Nope. the hardware just isn't there for the radio to do those modes.
You need to add aBFO and a product detector.
Not hard in and of themselves, but given the small size of hte PCR100,
I bet it will be a interesting challenge.
You should have went for the PCR1000. You only wouldhave lost FM
stereo.

Underwealmed owner of a PCR1000 with DSP.

Terry

Old March 30th 05, 05:24 PM
Jim Hackett

My PCR-1000 does stereo FM just fine...

Not under OR overwhelmed owner of PCR-1000 with DSP ;~)

oups.com...

Old March 30th 05, 09:16 PM

The Icom web page doesn't list FM stereo in the specs.
The owners manuyl does list FM stero in the specs and the
diagram doesn't show a MPX decoder/
And my PRC1000 only has one audio line, as determined
by moving a single shunt to change from spkear ot line for the
AF output.

You might want to check yours again, I suspect you will find
that it, like all the other PCR1000s dosen't have FM stero.
A simple test is to use a stero headset. I bet you only have
audio in the left side.

Sorry I can't spell all that well under good circumstances, but
today I am down with the flu and the cough syryp is a little too
strong.

Terry

Old March 30th 05, 09:44 PM
Jim Hackett

While the sound DOES come out of both sides on headphones, it doesn't
appear to be in stereo.
I see nothing mentioned of stereo in the help file either. I could have
sworn it had stereo fm output. I also have a PCR-100. Maybe it has stereo
out. I'll have to check before I open my mouth again.

oups.com...

Old March 31st 05, 10:09 PM

Mine is a mono 3.5mm/1/8" and a friends with a much lower
SN is wired the same way.
Terry

Old April 1st 05, 06:13 AM
jon

Greetings All! Terry & Jim, I just want to commend you both on the
agreeable way that you both have disagreed and listened to each other.
One of the other related radio news groups that I subscribe to is
little more than a zoo. I tend to lurk and learn. If I have something
of value to add to a topic I will post. I have been interested in the
above mentioned product in the post and have been able to make an
informed opinion based on your give and take. Bravo! Now if it could
just be bottled and given away on the other news groups. Have a great
week! Jon in South Carolina.

Old April 1st 05, 03:44 PM
Jim Hackett

I could never understand why people have to be such A-holes. If I'm wrong,
I'm wrong. I'll be the first to admit it.
It doesn't hurt a bit.

oups.com...

Old April 1st 05, 08:25 PM

If I had a dollar for every time I have been wrong,
we could all retire to a nice, sunny place.

And buy LOTS of radios!

Terry