Old July 27th 05, 04:14 PM
Equine Goddess

Default Scanner Question

Hi,

I have a Radio Shack TunkTracker Pro 2050, the orange light on it burned
out and I wanted to know if I could get it fixed, and where can I get it
fixed. Can Radio Shack fix it? I live in southern Indiana,btw.

Old July 27th 05, 09:27 PM
Bill Crocker

You could probably replace it yourself, or have a local ham radio buddy help
you.

To order parts call 1-800-843-7422 or visit your local RadioShack store.

REF # PL001
CAT # 10791416
NP PART # L0200

Or, if you're not comfortable doing that, take it into to your local Radio
Shack, and they can send it in for repair.

Bill Crocker

Old August 5th 05, 04:55 AM
Mr. Man with the Master Plan

The light is really not orange. It is a simple grain of wheat bulb with a
orange insert over it in a white diffuser set about an inch or so from the
LCD display.

I replaced a bulb in a PRO-2052 (same form factor as the 2050) with yellow
two LED's and a resistor.

I forget the voltage , but that is easy to measure and take it from there.

For someone handy, figure it would take about 15 minutes at most. Someone
who is nto as apt, might take a bit longer.

Or you could jsut go to the radioshack website, get the detailed parts list
for the radio, and order the bulb to your house.

List of Scanner Groups zerg90 Scanner 0 July 22nd 05 09:31 PM
Scanner Question Newbie Brent Scanner 0 October 15th 04 09:52 PM
Handheld Scanner Question Radio Man Scanner 2 September 20th 04 06:32 PM
Scanner (Icom PCR-1000) purchasing in Japan...question Jim Scanner 10 September 15th 04 08:14 PM
Scanner at Chicago Race Track Question TlgtrProd Scanner 3 July 15th 04 02:48 AM