Old January 2nd 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Mikey Mike

Default Rebanding

Hello everyone.I own a Bearcat BC898T.How will this rebanding affect
this scanner and just what is this rebanding? Will my scanner be useless
after this rebandig? TIA

Mike

Old January 2nd 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Brian

Mikey Mike wrote:
Hello everyone.I own a Bearcat BC898T.How will this rebanding affect
this scanner and just what is this rebanding? Will my scanner be useless
after this rebandig? TIA

Mike

According to the uniden web site your scanner can be upgraded by
flashing so your ok. For more info go he
http://tinyurl.com/a7k2s
Old January 3rd 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Mikey Mike

Thanks Brian.The website says that if the services are on an EDACS
system then I'll have to reprogram.Most of my county and city services
are EDACS.Does that mean all I would have to do is find the new
frequencies and reprogram them into the scanner?

Mike

Old January 3rd 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Brian

Mikey Mike wrote:
Thanks Brian.The website says that if the services are on an EDACS
system then I'll have to reprogram.Most of my county and city services
are EDACS.Does that mean all I would have to do is find the new
frequencies and reprogram them into the scanner?

Mike

Yes you will still have to flash it with the download they will provide
and then reprogram with the new freqs.
Old January 5th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:05:55 -0800, Brian
wrote:

Mikey Mike wrote:
Thanks Brian.The website says that if the services are on an EDACS
system then I'll have to reprogram.Most of my county and city services
are EDACS.Does that mean all I would have to do is find the new
frequencies and reprogram them into the scanner?

Yes you will still have to flash it with the download they will provide
and then reprogram with the new freqs.

Since rebanding only affects scanners receiving Mototola Type 2
systems on ~850 MHz, he can flash or not if all he's listening to is
EDACS.

Old January 5th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Mikey Mike

Default RebandingAl Klein

Thanks Al.All of our emergency services use a countywide EDACS
system.Great,all I'll have to do is find the new freqs.