Old July 30th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ten Tec RX-350D discontinued

Arthur Pozner wrote:

Ten -Tec is concentrating on higher priced
products. RX 400 (coming soon), RX- 340,Orion II (high performance
xceiver) are not marketed for an average SWL.Very sad indeed...

Ten-Tec RX-400:

http://radio.tentec.com/Commercial/RX400

Price... under $6000.00

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 30th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You got that right Joe.Most of todays music (so-called ''music'') really
is trash.I like the old,old slow music and songs from the 1950's and
wayyyyyy on back, many many decades wayyyy on back.Most people nowdays
wouldn't know good music and songs if it slapped them upside their ears.
cuhulin

Old July 30th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

H. State wrote:
The Ten Tec RX-350D receiver has been discontinued.

Hope nobody feels too sad about this. The Eton E1XM ($500) was rated
slightly better overall than the RX-350, in Passport to Worldband
Radio. George (MN)

Old July 30th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Arthur Pozner wrote:

Ten -Tec is concentrating on higher priced products. RX 400
(coming soon), RX- 340,Orion II (high performance xceiver) are not
marketed for an average SWL.Very sad indeed...

Ten-Tec RX-400:

http://radio.tentec.com/Commercial/RX400

Price... under $6000.00

Looks like computer control only. I hope that TCP/IP is an ethernet port
for at least 10 Mbit data rate instead of a slow serial port. You can
add an ethernet port to any product for $50 to $150.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old July 31st 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

H. State wrote:
The Ten Tec RX-350D receiver has been discontinued.

Is Ten Tec out of the receiver market entirely now?

Old July 31st 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

No. They still make the $300 RX-320 (it sells well) and they make the high
end RX-340 ($4K) and the RX-400 is due out soon ($6K).

--
Brian Denley

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Old July 31st 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://radio.tentec.com/Commercial/RX400

Price... under $6000.00

looks interesting, but, i don't believe i'll be listing my 340
on ebay too soon. i think at 6K, i would rather go for the WJ1K.
i like to turn knobs.

Father Michael...
Old July 31st 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Here here, well put Joe...

Father Michael...
Old July 31st 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In the past, I have owned a couple of Drake 7-Line receivers
(including the 4245 along with a Sherwood SE3)), but I have never
enjoyed a receiver as much as my RX-350. While it's sync detector for
shortwave broadcast is pretty badly implemented, it's incredibly
stable and quiet. Instead of using it's sync detector, I simply
employ ECSS (turn on USB or LSB mode) techniques. The results, using
ECSS and the infinitely variable bandwidth controls on both AM and SSB
are pretty amazing. Excellent fidelity, stability, and unsurpassed
ability to cut out adjacent channel interference. I have enjoyed more
broadcast DX from this receiver due to its stability and quietness
than from any other including the 4245 with a full boat of filters.

Despite what Passport says, I would highly recommend this receiver for
its stability, fidelity, DRM ability (if you're into that -- it is
directly interfacable), and ability to reject interference (I live
about a block away from several commercial FM stations and have never
been disturbed when using the RX-350).

Bad things about the RX-350 (mostly due to TenTec's rotten service and
support):

1) TenTec's support has sucked big time. The sync detection could
have been easily fixed in software, but they just didn't seem to care
enough to have had any updates for the past 4 years or so.

2) LCD display fades into black splotches when heated up. TenTec's
rotten "American" service department wanted to charge me for fixing
this under warranty. It was difficult to find anyone at TenTec who
even understood the problem that I was having.

In conclusion, I love the receiver, but TenTec will never get any of
my future business due to their rotten support.

Fred
N8UC -- Oak Park, MI