Old August 7th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Drake R8B FS

Excellent condition, original receipt (1999) from Universal, original
manual and a bound copy, all paperwork. Works perfect.

$1000 + shipping (insurance required) to protect buyer and seller.

Prefer USPO money order e-mail for scans. and my phone number should
you wish to ask questions.

73

JM
Boise, Idaho

Old August 7th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

****. I'll sell mine for that, too.

Old August 10th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

On 6 Aug 2006 16:29:02 -0700, "safetypro" wrote:

Excellent condition, original receipt (1999) from Universal, original
manual and a bound copy, all paperwork. Works perfect.

$1000 + shipping (insurance required) to protect buyer and seller.

Prefer USPO money order e-mail for scans. and my phone number should
you wish to ask questions.

73

JM
Boise, Idaho

****. I'll sell mine for that, too.

If only it were two or three thousand, I'd be interested...I mean, who
wants a radio that even the unemployed dregs of society can afford?

mike
Old August 10th 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

David wrote:

On 6 Aug 2006 16:29:02 -0700, "safetypro" wrote:

Excellent condition, original receipt (1999) from Universal, original
manual and a bound copy, all paperwork. Works perfect.

$1000 + shipping (insurance required) to protect buyer and seller.

Prefer USPO money order e-mail for scans. and my phone number should
you wish to ask questions.

73

JM
Boise, Idaho

****. I'll sell mine for that, too.

If only it were two or three thousand, I'd be interested...I mean, who
wants a radio that even the unemployed dregs of society can afford?

I'd be more than happy to sell you my R8B for $3000.00

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 10th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:
On 6 Aug 2006 16:29:02 -0700, "safetypro" wrote:

Excellent condition, original receipt (1999) from Universal, original
manual and a bound copy, all paperwork. Works perfect.

$1000 + shipping (insurance required) to protect buyer and seller.

Prefer USPO money order e-mail for scans. and my phone number should
you wish to ask questions.

73

JM
Boise, Idaho

****. I'll sell mine for that, too.

If Drake doesn't come back into the shortwave market with an R9 or
something like that, then I suspect you'll be surprised at what used
R8Bs will sell for five or six years from now.

Steve

Old August 10th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
If Drake doesn't come back into the shortwave market with an R9 or
something like that, then I suspect you'll be surprised at what used
R8Bs will sell for five or six years from now.

Not much. Kenwood R-5000s which IMHO is as good as or better than an R8,
sell for $250-$500 depending upon condition and options. A new in the box
RB will probably sell for $3,000, but a used one will be in the $500
range, possibly less.

Shortwave is a dying hobby, there is no doubt about that. With the FCC
giving the green light to BPL, and the movment of people away from radio
in general, the demand will continue to drop.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old August 10th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Steve wrote:
If Drake doesn't come back into the shortwave market with an R9 or
something like that, then I suspect you'll be surprised at what used
R8Bs will sell for five or six years from now.

Not much. Kenwood R-5000s which IMHO is as good as or better than an R8,
sell for $250-$500 depending upon condition and options. A new in the box
RB will probably sell for $3,000, but a used one will be in the $500
range, possibly less.

Shortwave is a dying hobby, there is no doubt about that. With the FCC
giving the green light to BPL, and the movment of people away from radio
in general, the demand will continue to drop.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/

Only time will tell, I guess. I agree that BPL does not bode well for
the future. At the same time, I'm not convinced...at least not
yet...that BPL will compete successfully against the other sources of
broadband access out there. Let's hope that it doesn't.

Old August 10th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Never owned any of them before,(Drake and Watkins Johnson,what is my
fixation with Watkins Johnson radios anyway? I would like to know.) If I
had tree thousand smakeroonies to burn,which one is best?
cuhulin

Old August 10th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.watervalley.net
Well,let me put my little doggy in the hall and close the door and step
out by the road and get my snail mail and those two wimmins who lived
next door to me,their snail mail too.(Julie the Bell South woman,now
living at her auld homeplace in Natchez,told me on the phone,I would
appreciate it if you would) before a ''democrat liberates'' our snail
mail.
cuhulin

Old August 10th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel

N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice:

1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/

Only time will tell, I guess. I agree that BPL does not bode well

for
the future. At the same time, I'm not convinced...at least not
yet...that BPL will compete successfully against the other sources

of
broadband access out there. Let's hope that it doesn't.

I doubt it, myself. BPL is a latecomer to the scene,
and BPL now has to compete not only with cable
and DSL but with phone and cable service (courtesy
of digital phone and movement toward digital
broadcasting). That's not even counting new
wireless capabilities.

Considering all that the more established competitors
have, the only thing that BPL has going for it is
that it is over the power lines, which pretty much
every home has to have to be a modern home.

--Mike L.

Eton E1 Recall dxAce Shortwave 44 January 14th 06 01:49 PM
ABOUT - The RL Drake R8 - R8A - R8B Communication Receivers RHF Shortwave 3 December 15th 05 01:33 AM
The Eton 'Elite' E1 XM Radio "Genealogy" Drake SW1 > SW2 > SW8 > GS800M > E1 XM RHF Shortwave 1 January 7th 05 03:16 AM
FA - R. L. Drake SW8 'portable' World Band Shortwave Communications Receiver RHF Shortwave 7 January 4th 05 03:00 AM
FA Lots of Nice Drake Gear Charlie Hugg Equipment 0 September 17th 04 07:18 AM