Old August 12th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BBC-Vietnam

The BBC had a very interesting piece about Vietnam which concluded at 1200
called "Vietnam-At war and at peace" which may be repeated later in their
program cycle.

Heard here on 9660 via WHRI Cypress Creek.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 12th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

The BBC had a very interesting piece about Vietnam which concluded at 1200
called "Vietnam-At war and at peace" which may be repeated later in their
program cycle.

Heard here on 9660 via WHRI Cypress Creek.

I did some checking and found the program to air again, at least on their
internet stream (and I would assume on their SW service, depending on stream as
the schedule corresponds to when heard here beginning at 1130) at:

1830 today
0430, 0630, 1040 and 1530 on Sunday.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 12th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In the Delta plain area where I was (first at Shannon Wright Compound
near Vinh Long for about three months,then at Tan Son Nhut near Saigon)
the weather is always very hot and muggy and humid every day and
night,never a breeze blowing at all.It is like living in a steam
kettle,always sweating.Take a shower and soon as I turned the water
off,I was sweating all over again.It is a miserable climate over there.I
guarantee you you wouldn't want to live over there.Why oh why didn't
Uncle Sam send me to Germany? In Wartime,I always wanted to be in
Western Europe.Battle of the Bulge,that sort of stuff.
cuhulin

Old August 12th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Beer 33,Balmy Ba.
cuhulin

Old August 12th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:26:23 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

dxAce wrote:

The BBC had a very interesting piece about Vietnam which concluded at 1200
called "Vietnam-At war and at peace" which may be repeated later in their
program cycle.

Heard here on 9660 via WHRI Cypress Creek.

I did some checking and found the program to air again, at least on their
internet stream (and I would assume on their SW service, depending on stream as
the schedule corresponds to when heard here beginning at 1130) at:

1830 today
0430, 0630, 1040 and 1530 on Sunday.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I heard it on XM. Asthma.
Old August 12th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:00:12 -0400, dxAce

In the Delta plain area where I was (first at Shannon Wright Compound
near Vinh Long for about three months,then at Tan Son Nhut near Saigon)
the weather is always very hot and muggy and humid every day and
night,never a breeze blowing at all.It is like living in a steam
kettle,always sweating.Take a shower and soon as I turned the water
off,I was sweating all over again.It is a miserable climate over there.I
guarantee you you wouldn't want to live over there.Why oh why didn't
Uncle Sam send me to Germany? In Wartime,I always wanted to be in
Western Europe.Battle of the Bulge,that sort of stuff.

Better beer as well.

dxAce

But ****tier weed.
Old August 12th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:00:12 -0400, dxAce

In the Delta plain area where I was (first at Shannon Wright Compound
near Vinh Long for about three months,then at Tan Son Nhut near Saigon)
the weather is always very hot and muggy and humid every day and
night,never a breeze blowing at all.It is like living in a steam
kettle,always sweating.Take a shower and soon as I turned the water
off,I was sweating all over again.It is a miserable climate over there.I
guarantee you you wouldn't want to live over there.Why oh why didn't
Uncle Sam send me to Germany? In Wartime,I always wanted to be in
Western Europe.Battle of the Bulge,that sort of stuff.

Better beer as well.

dxAce

But ****tier weed.

Yeah, for a druggie such as yourself that would be very important.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 12th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:40:38 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Yeah, for a druggie such as yourself that would be very important.

Like drinking volatile solvents is good for you.
Old August 12th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : DaviD proclaims - Germany Has ****tier Weed

David wrote:
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:00:12 -0400, dxAce

In the Delta plain area where I was (first at Shannon Wright Compound
near Vinh Long for about three months,then at Tan Son Nhut near Saigon)
the weather is always very hot and muggy and humid every day and
night,never a breeze blowing at all.It is like living in a steam
kettle,always sweating.Take a shower and soon as I turned the water
off,I was sweating all over again.It is a miserable climate over there.I
guarantee you you wouldn't want to live over there.Why oh why didn't
Uncle Sam send me to Germany? In Wartime,I always wanted to be in
Western Europe.Battle of the Bulge,that sort of stuff.

Better beer as well.

dxAce

- But ****tier weed.

(OT) : DaviD proclaims - Germany Has ****tier Weed !

So "That" is 'your' Index of National Greatness :
- - - DaviD's International Weed Index - - -

Vietnam - High ~ 8

Germany - Low ~ 1

david you are very Dah Aaa Vi Da ~ RHF