RadioBanter

-   -   Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/101367-recording-back-my-scanner-weird-voices.html)

[email protected] August 15th 06 12:59 AM

Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

Jim Hackett wrote:
I thought chickens "clucked", not "bucked"...

Sorry, I was thinking of the slang term ("bok, bok") for the odd sounds
they make. To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a chicken fan -
either living, dead and cooked, or ghost chicken. :)

One Hung Low August 15th 06 01:15 AM

Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

I once heard someone on c to c (the coast to coast KOOK show) say they
put a new cassette tape in a cassette recorder and with no body in the
room or nearby and no radio or tv turned on,he picked up some human
voices on his tape recorder.Of course I dont believe that hogwash.
cuhulin

Simply make a 30-second recording with preferably a digital
recorder (that way you don't try to explain away the voices by thinking
the cassette tape was previously recorded on or the magnetic silica
that make up the tape are somehow picking up stray radio broadcasts)

First, I believe you mean the magnetic iron oxide, not silica, which is
sand. You would have to have a STRONG modulated -magnetic- field to
inadvertently pick up "mysterious" voices.

Finally, what makes you think a digital recorder is immune to
rectification? -EACH- IC (Integrated Circuit chip) in the digital
recorder contains hundreds of P-N junctions which ARE rectifiers and
thus susceptible to unwanted rectification of RF fields.

Bottom line: a digital recorder is equally or -more- likely to pick up a
stray RF field than a analog tape recorder.

PS The Panasonic RR-DR60 recorder was yanked from the market because of
consumer complaints about unexplained voices showing up during business
meetings, etc. It became the Holy Grail of EVP recorders, and recently
had a bid of $1100 for a used recorder on eBay.
It retailed for $40.

Which proves nothing except that

a) the Panasonic design weenie was not cognizant of standard RFI
mitigation techniques.

b) P.T. Barnum was right! There is indeed a sucker born every minute.

As a seller, ya gotta love eBay!

[email protected] August 15th 06 01:45 AM

Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

Jim wrote:
explanation is this, your brain is constantly comparing every visual
stimuli with its gallery of known objects. this is how you recognise
peoples faces or different objects. the sparkles on the screen have
every pixel flashing and your brain is trying to make recognizable
patterns.

I agree fully with what you are saying. It's the same way people claim
to see faces in smoke, clouds, etc. However, the way ITC (instrumental
transcommunication, in which EVP is only one subcategory of) works is
not trying to make patterns out of TV snow or even recording the static
with a VCR, but:

- Putting the TV on the Auxilliary channel so the channel is blank on
most TV sets,
- Hooking the RCA plugs of a video camera up to the TV, and
- Pointing the camera at the screen (so you're essentially recording
into infinity - the camera is hooked up to the TV but yet is recording
a picture into a picture into a picture)
- Recording what is picked up and playing it back, then freezing it
*frame-by-frame*

If this is done with patience and the right equipment, rather defined
human faces will show up for many people. Take a look at a few he

http://inicia.es/de/luisfountain/itc_1.htm

As you can see, it's not the same as simply recording TV static and
playing it back - sure, you'll see patterns and probably faces, but
it'll not be exactly the same concept of video ITC.

when a pattern is detected the memory of the object rises up
to be considered. by this time the random sparkles have changed, thus
the object or face rises to your mind then evaporates as another pattern
is struggling to be resolved. in your minds eye the face has zoomed up
out of the static and then zoomed away. the audio seems to be the same
thing, words resolve out of the hiss and then are lost forever.

As far as words being taken out of TV static or other white noise, I
fully understand where you are coming from. That's why it's best to use
a recorder and have witnesses listen to the tape at the same time as
you. Often times a voice will be so clear, far above the sound level
and static of the white noise, that everyone will hear it and instantly
agree on what it is saying. If you visit the cemetery often enough
trying to communicate with spirits, you're going to get some that
follow you home.

Initially (before doing research at the cemetery, which was dilapidated
and many graves had no marker, only a mound of dirt, and had been
vandalized several times in the past with crypts being broken into, and
so on) I could get no voices on my recordings that I did in my own
house - and I even used white noise for the background. Now I can pick
up loud voices with NO white noise in the background. On a few
disturbing occassions, the recorder itself seemed to be temporarily
altered and the voices were yelling in threatening tones.

What makes me almost certain this is not hearing imaginary voices in
static is that the voices are sometimes 5x the volume level of the
white noise, and when they show up on the recording so you can play
back, get other peoples' intentions, and save on the computer, then the
brain-pattern-imagery theory falls apart. The only other *logical*
explanation is a stray signal (remember, no antenna is used and you can
even use a ceiling fan) or someone in the room talking (which you'd
surely notice while doing the recording).

Next time you're lying in bed trying to sleep and you have the air
conditioning on or the ceiling fan on and think you hear something
being said, it is not necessarily your imagination. An easy way to
confirm whether there truly was a voice is to make a recording. If your
house is old you may be picking up EVPs (or video ITC if you try it) in
no time. If your house is relatively new, you probably won't hear much
unless you really put time and dedication into receiving results, or
start going to disturbed cemeteries and basically invite spirits (and
most likely trouble) back into your home by simply doing EVP recordings
at the cemetery.

This I don't recommend unless you are ready to be scared out of your
mind. And once that happens, it won't be nearly as easy explaining
things away by brain/pattern theories and AM rectification as it is
now, considering most of you have no experience with the process of
ITC/EVP.

the best
part is psychological, you seem to recognise the word or picture but
since it has gone away now you cant prove that it was never there to
begin with! soon you are on the art bell show with a great story that
you really do believe and nobody can disprove! great fun!

Explaining something away by logic to the satisfaction of those who
have no experience with the phenomenon is an easy way for people to
dismiss this research. That is why I give an open invitation for anyone
with a little time and the access to a digital recorder and computer
with shareware sound software to go ahead and try it.

Jeff

Side note: Since we constructed the machine in my back bedroom, I have
recently put up a surveillance camera with its own microphone and fed
the cable to the TV in the living room, so I can see what happens in
the room while nobody is in there. Orbs, or bright white spheres have
been witnessed and many times zoom up in the air in a curving motion,
opposite the way dust might settle (no a/c was on and no insects were
in the room after inspection). I recently bought a VCR to record myself
tinkering with the device and for the first time on the tape heard my
name "Jeffffrey" being spoken through the microphone and onto the TV's
sound. This was the only voice uncovered before I became filled with
fear and turned off the recording, but the voice was far above the
room's background sound level. This never occurred before by just
listening to the audio with others. It only occurred after the sound
was recorded, so now it appears that almost any microphone will pick up
EVPs from that room.

[email protected] August 15th 06 02:08 AM

One Hung Low wrote:

First, I believe you mean the magnetic iron oxide, not silica, which is
sand. You would have to have a STRONG modulated -magnetic- field to
inadvertently pick up "mysterious" voices.

Finally, what makes you think a digital recorder is immune to
rectification? -EACH- IC (Integrated Circuit chip) in the digital
recorder contains hundreds of P-N junctions which ARE rectifiers and
thus susceptible to unwanted rectification of RF fields.

Bottom line: a digital recorder is equally or -more- likely to pick up a
stray RF field than a analog tape recorder.

Then I have one question and one assumption: Is there a way of making a
recording of the environment without the possibility of rectification?
And... a leading theory in EVP is: "EVP is considered to be radio
frequency signals that inadvertently find their way into your
recordings by way of cross-modulation, atmospheric refraction or
indirect rectification. Many paranormal investigators feel that these
voices or signals are somehow connected to ghosts."

Let's say for the sake of debate that some voices using the EVP process
are genuinely otherworldly or from another dimension. They have to show
up on our recording apparatus somehow, and I guess the leading theory
is that this is through RF signals. The question of "how" is beyond my
league. I simply deal with results, and the results

- Contain language, complete first-and-last names of myself and others
who are involved in this research, prophetic messages, etc., that would
never be broadcast on any AM or other radio station.
- The phrases are often times speeded up during certain words, as if
the message is trying to be purposely fit into a short time. Some EVPs
are so fast that you have to slow down the speech to understand it.
- I can pick up louder and more clear words (actually sounding like
they're coming from vocal chords) without *any* background sound or
white noise, as opposed to the relatively weaker and more monotone
voices picked up from the scanner, using the *same* recorder in the
same setting during the same atmospheric events (weather, solar flares)
- Some voices are so loud and clear that it would be highly improbable
for someone doing a simple recording to explain away by a stray radio
signal, unless it's coming from another dimension.

If you would try EVP for yourself and judge the voices you capture on
an objective, one-by-one basis, instead of dismissing every voice
anyone has ever picked up as having no chance of being paranormal in
nature, you might question more the world around you. It just so
happens that EVP is the best way to get evidence of that world.

PS The Panasonic RR-DR60 recorder was yanked from the market because of
consumer complaints about unexplained voices showing up during business
meetings, etc. It became the Holy Grail of EVP recorders, and recently
had a bid of $1100 for a used recorder on eBay.
It retailed for $40.

Which proves nothing except that

a) the Panasonic design weenie was not cognizant of standard RFI
mitigation techniques.

If that is why the recorder was so good for EVP, then someone could
easily alter another recorder or build their own and sell it as an EVP
recorder and make a considerable amount of money, considering the
public's interest has skyrocketed.

b) P.T. Barnum was right! There is indeed a sucker born every minute.

As a seller, ya gotta love eBay!

I have another explanation: People in today's society are lazy and want
to take the easiest route to accomplish something - if there was a
"holy grail" of EVP recorders, people would buy it instead of spending
time working from the ground up with a standard recorder. Sure, my
recorder didn't even pick up voices at first. Then gradually some
voices were picked up. Now I can't do a 30-second session without
sometimes dozens of voices showing up, speaking over top each other,
without any white noise. And that seems to correlate with my own
travels to cemeteries and the building of a machine to communicate with
other dimensions.

If you were a spirit and had a message to convey, you'd probably
gravitate toward someone who was spending time trying to open up the
door to communication.

EVP research (it's research because it can't easily be explained away
by those who were skeptical at first but did their own investigation of
the phenomenon) takes patience, an open mind, and no particular belief
system starting out. But it's not recommended for everybody. In fact, I
took the easy way out by trying to visit places in hopes something
would follow me back. Now it has, and I can pick it up anytime I want
to.

Jeff

m II August 15th 06 02:09 AM

wrote:

I'm not much of a chicken fan -
either living, dead and cooked, or ghost chicken. :)

Guess you've never experienced Poultrygeist....

mike

[email protected] August 15th 06 02:11 AM

m II wrote:
wrote:

I'm not much of a chicken fan -
either living, dead and cooked, or ghost chicken. :)

Guess you've never experienced Poultrygeist....

lol... nor would I want to. Though I'm sure it's not nearly as scary as
Coultergeist.

dxAce August 15th 06 02:25 AM

Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

I once heard someone on c to c (the coast to coast KOOK show) say they
put a new cassette tape in a cassette recorder and with no body in the
room or nearby and no radio or tv turned on,he picked up some human
voices on his tape recorder.Of course I dont believe that hogwash.
cuhulin

EVP experiments have been quite substantiated in laboratory settings.
Before dismissing something as "hogwash" why don't you try for
yourself? Simply make a 30-second recording with preferably a digital
recorder (that way you don't try to explain away the voices by thinking
the cassette tape was previously recorded on or the magnetic silica
that make up the tape are somehow picking up stray radio broadcasts)
and ask some simple questions.

It's best to do it with a small bit of white noise in the background -
if you're worried about rectification from your scanner or radio, try a
TV station full of static with the antenna unplugged, or a ceiling fan,
etc. Then upload the recording and amplify the sound a little
(amplification in no way alters the recording, only makes the voices
easier to decipher).

We've picked up so many EVPs that EVP itself is now boring and a
dead-end of sorts. Hence the need to set up apparatus for 2-way radio
communication using tones being sent to various frequencies (the
original Spiricom experment used 29.570 MHz), then waiting for days,
months, or even years until you get that first contact. It's more about
patience than believing, because once you do pick up the voices, you
will certainly question the reality you live in.

You're a f00kin k00k.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Kevin Garrett August 15th 06 02:38 AM

Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

wrote in
ups.com:

Jim wrote:
[...]

Jim is exactly correct. I see absolutley nothing in those pictures at
the link you posted. You are seeing your minds attempt to make sense
out of nonsense. You clearly very much WANT to believe. But if one has
to WANT to believe then it is not true.

On the bright side, I'm sure that others WANT to believe too and if you can
find enough of them you could start a new lucrative religion.

Kevin

Kevin Garrett August 15th 06 02:40 AM

m II wrote in news:P89Eg.4328$395.4125@edtnps90:

wrote:

I'm not much of a chicken fan -
either living, dead and cooked, or ghost chicken. :)

Guess you've never experienced Poultrygeist....

mike

Ha Ha Ha. Now that made me laugh!

[email protected] August 15th 06 03:08 AM

Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

www.coasttocoastam.com Phone their toll free phone number and get Art
Bell or George Noory or Ian Punett or whomever the host of the show is
to explain it.
cuhulin