Old August 16th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

Take up a decent hobby,like going fishing.
cuhulin

Old August 17th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

Jim Hackett wrote:

I thought chickens "clucked", not "bucked"...

wrote in message
ups.com...

Rastis P. Buttsnort wrote:

All that's happening is a simple case of "Rectification". You are

hearing

one or more AM broadcast stations. This is nothing new.
Unless of course you really WANT to believe this is something it's

not.....

If this was rectification of AM stations, then why:

- No music, advertising, or anything else shows up, but yet
- Sometimes clear voices are heard saying vulgar words which would
never be allowed on any AM station, and
- Sometimes prophetic statements are made using my own name and the
name of other witnesses present or deeply involved in the experiments,
and
- In one instance I heard what sounded like several loud chickens
bocking at such a large volume it would've surely been heard at room
volume (incidently, these loud "animal-like" sounds always appear
toward the end of the recording, shortly before I hit "stop" - but yet
there is no interference with the audio plug or movement by myself
before stopping the recording, yet they are often a hallmark of the
brief mostly 30-second recordings I do)?

To one extreme I heard a death threat used against one of my
co-workers. To the other I heard statements like "you did not work
today" (which I hadn't) and "no mouse pad" (which I use none).

Overall, if you count the digital recordings from the cemetery (where
no white noise was present except for the internal components of the
rather silent recorder), the house, and plugged directly into the back
of the scanner, I've stored thousands of unexplained voices - and it
would've been impossible for the scanner to pick up AM stations in the
cemetery (and along with the fact that most all the voices sounded had
thick country accents and sounded African-American in nature with poor
grammar, I find the odds of this being rectification far-fetched).

A group of friends and I were so intrigued with some of the voices from
the cemetery, we made a CD which had some of our best recordings and
submitted it at work and to other people with a brief survey for the
listener to circle either AGREE, DISAGREE, or UNDECIDED as to whether
they heard the same voice and believed it was saying the same thing as
we did. And of course, several EVPs (electronic voice phenomenon) had
an agreement rate of over 95% of nearly 30 people.

I am not debating the existence of EVPs using a recorder and a source
of white noise, TV static, etc., for the conduit. I am asking you for a
plausible explanation that would explain voices saying your name,
sometimes vulgar words, etc., with such clarity that witnesses all
agree on what is being said but have no explanation as to how or why
they are showing up on a recording of of a frequency with nothing
audible on it when not recording.

And one last thought... how could such clear voices and sounds
(sometimes very loud in nature but yet inaudible while not being
recorded) be showing up on *any* frequency with a squelch level of only
1 or 2? I thought perhaps the audio cable to the recorder acted like
some sort of antenna but in reality it's not even hooked into the
external antenna jack.

Anyway, I'd rather at times believe there *are no* spirits that
followed me back, which is why I'm trying one last time to come to a
plausible conclusion which would explain away the voices which have
been picked up on tape, recorded, and catalogued for the record.

Thank you for helping to solve this mystery...

Jeff

Inviting spirits to come calling is really not such a good idea, is it?

Bullwinkle: "Ennie Meenie, chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak!"

Rocky: "Are they friendly spirits?"

Bullwinkle: "Just Listen".

Then the commercials began. definitely evil spirits.

Hopefully a little levity will go a long way.
Old August 17th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

In article .com,
wrote:

I am speaking from personal experience and the experience of the dozen
or so people who went with me.

Snip

Please drop rec.radio.shortwave from the cross posted news groups.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 17th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

One Hung Low wrote:

Now this is indeed puzzling. Why would going to a cemetery, abandoned or
otherwise, bring "negativity" back to your home?

Is -everyone- buried there a bad person? Weren't any good people buried
there too? If there are "spirits", are you implying that they are all bad?

wrote:

I am speaking from personal experience and the experience of the dozen
or so people who went with me. Panic attacks, paranoia, threatening
voices on recordings, etc.

major snippage

But you seem to have evaded the issue.

Again, aren't there any good people buried there? Why wouldn't a "good
spirit" follow you home?

Is all that RF voice chatter solely due to them bitching about the
vandalism? (this seems to be the case, as you said you heard -no- voices
in an un-vandalized cemetery). If they are so aggrieved by the
vandalism, why didn't they follow home the people who did the
vandalizing? Why are they bothering innocent bystanders who had nothing
to do with the vandalism?
Old August 17th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

One Hung Low wrote:

If "the spirits" are so technically savvy, why can't they figure out how
to just whisper in your ear?

wrote:

Many of them do - but that would involve someone who is sensitive.

Well, one might think it would ultimately be easier for them to find
someone who is sensitive rather than for them trying to find someone who
has radios, scanners, white noise, de-noiser software and only
particular brands of tape recorders.

Old August 17th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

One Hung Low wrote:

Again, aren't there any good people buried there? Why wouldn't a "good
spirit" follow you home?

Perhaps the "good people" are in a higher plane of existence and have
no reason to stick around a lonely desolate cemetery? I'm only speaking
from the tone of the voices I heard - the majority of them, that is. I
did pick up the voice of an older lady saying "Walk after Jesus" and
mentioning the Bible. But any positive spirits were definitely
outnumbered.

Is all that RF voice chatter solely due to them bitching about the
vandalism? (this seems to be the case, as you said you heard -no- voices
in an un-vandalized cemetery). If they are so aggrieved by the
vandalism, why didn't they follow home the people who did the
vandalizing? Why are they bothering innocent bystanders who had nothing
to do with the vandalism?

They probably did, just as they did to people who visited my house
during these experiments. Now one co-worker claims he has a ghost in
his house and my relative things they followed me to her house as well.
One thing's certain - ever since I boycotted EVP because of the vulgar
language there aren't as many spirits hanging around I feel - which
means they probably got bored due to the lack of my enthusiasm to
communicate, and decided to harass other people who were more in tune
with them.

Jeff

Old August 17th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

One Hung Low wrote:

Well, one might think it would ultimately be easier for them to find
someone who is sensitive rather than for them trying to find someone who
has radios, scanners, white noise, de-noiser software and only
particular brands of tape recorders.

Indeed, but how many sensitives do you know visit cemeteries to
communicate with the dead? They have enough problems blocking them out
of their bedroom. I was told by one sensitive that spirits know when a
person is sensitive - like a flashlight beam in a darkened room - and
they attach themselves around that person in hopes of communicating
important messages. Many people have died with unresolved issues, and
if there are such things as spirits and ghosts and free will, it would
make sense that many would choose to stick around in this plane to
either communicate or simply watch what is going on.

The next best thing to a sensitive would be someone with equipment to
detect their presence. Obviously, with me going into that cemetery on
countless occassions and pleading with them to communicate any way
possible, and calling them by first name, I was taking an inviting
approach and also promising them I would continue to communicate and
help get their messages through. Perhaps I should've been more stern.

As far as denoiser software, it is only used to filter out the white
noise and bring out nearly inaudible voices so the human ear can better
understand them. Again, it works with inaudible human voices, and for
whatever reason it also works for inaudible voices that are of an
unknown origin, pointing to the fact that they are indeed voices, and
if you would listen to just one of my recordings, you would definitely
throw the "brain/pattern" theory out the window.

Jeff

Old August 17th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

Please, I really am confused as to why the spirits would dick around
with scanners, white noise, RF, de-noiser software and all that
technical mumbo-jumbo.

Brilliant minds have often had trouble communicating their ideas to
others. But that's another story. Considering spirits are made up of
energy, they obviously need energy to communicate and implant their
voices onto our equipment. One of the most brilliant minds ever, Thomas
Edison, along with Marconi, Crookes, and many of the greatest
scientists of the 20th century all believed it was possible to
communicate with the dead through radio. I think any one of them would
be smarter than most everyone in this group, and they obviously had a
good reason to believe this was possible. The first EVPs showed up in
the 1920s. Science has had all that time to explain them away, only
more and more evidence is showing up to discount traditional theories.

Forgive me for pointing it out, but your understanding of spirits
is pathetically crude. They are not physical beings, or energy
beings. They manifest and express themselves through the human
mind, which projects their expressions outward (so to speak) and
translates them into terms human consciousness is able to
comprehend. White noise provides a convenient matrix for them to
communicate, since the human mind is ever anxious to pick
recognizable patterns out of chaos. However, they are not able to
physically impress their voices on recording devices, since they
do not have voices, in any mechanical sense. For the same reason
they cannot be photographed, since they do not have physical bodies.
Old August 17th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Probally the good dead people's spirits go to Heaven.Could be it's the
bad dead people's spirits that follow you home from the grave yards.
cuhulin