Old August 17th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

They got bored???
cuhulin

Old August 18th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

wrote:
I turned my scanner onto a particular "dead" frequency (actually, it
doesn't matter which frequency - every one I tried produced the same
results) and of course heard nothing but static (and of course the
squelch was 1 or 2 because anything higher would mute out the sound).

I then plugged my IC recorder (digital voice recorder) into the back of
the scanner and pressed record. I uploaded the recording to my computer
with Adobe Audition and amplified the sound, and could hear human
voices (this was confirmed by various witnesses) saying things that
would have me in doubt that I was picking up a stray broadcast. Words
were used like "ghosts", "spirit", the "n" word, along with meaningless
dribble and weird animal sounds. This was in the same back bedroom
where I set up my RF signal generator, scanner, and other recording
equipment to mimic the 70s Spiricom "Mark IV" experiment.

My question is this: can a digital recorder pick up voices through a
frequency if plugged into the back of the scanner (of human origin)
that cannot be heard through the scanner's speaker? The same recording
was done of the room with the white noise of the dead frequency in the
background and entirely different results were produced, with the
voices sounding less monotone and more like others were in the room
talking.

Of course, it doesn't help that I was doing paranormal research using
the digital recorder at a desolated black cemetery in town here and
abruptly stopped to focus on 2-way communication as opposed to EVPs.

Any way to easily explain away the voices that show up on the recording
of the static/frequency but not the static/frequency itself when
listened to in real-time?

Don't worry about it. Back in the day, my parents' baby monitor used
to pick up Radio Moscow.

I think you would be much better working in dreams, and it started
getting interesting when trying some underworld visualization
exercises.

e.g. R.J. Stewart: Power Within the Land: The Roots of Celtic and
Underworld Traditions Awakening the Sleepers and Regenerating the Earth
(Paperback)

Did you have a digital connection from the scanner to the recorder?
What were the voices saying? It may have been a radio play.

Also if you expect to hear something you often can convince yourself
that you do hear it. Like in music for hearing your name, e.g. Enter
Sandman, Metallica, "Hush little 'David'.." when the printed lyrics are
"Hush little Baby".

Old August 18th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Yeah,there is a book titled Lucid Dreaming.(check with Amazon or your
local book stores,look it up on the internet I have the book (although I
haven't read it) floatin around here somewhere.I bought it at the
Goodwill store about twelve years ago.Speaking of the Goodwill
store,y'all want to know what I bought over there this afternoon?
cuhulin
.................................................. .............
Sing it Heiny!,The Enemy Below movie on tv right now. www.amctv.com
.................................................. .............

Old August 18th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Better watchout,,, them spooks and hobgoblins are gonna gitcha.
cuhulin

Old August 18th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

In article .com,
wrote:

Your posts are off topic junk in rec.radio.shortwave.

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old August 19th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in
:

email George Noory at
www.coasttocoastam.com Tell him you are
going to send him a Ouija Board.I did that about four years ago.He
emailed me back,he said, Noooooooooooooooo
cuhulin

I wouldn't soil my email address by sending a message to
Coast to Coast.

They're all eff'ing KOOK's.

SC
Old August 19th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in
:

My little doggy kisses my right ear (sometimes my left ear) when she
needs to go out in the front yard.

So you get down on the floor to she if she'll lick your ear to know
whether or not she needs to go outside? or are you on the floor all
time?

SC
Old August 19th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

Al Smith wrote:

Forgive me for pointing it out, but your understanding of spirits
is pathetically crude. They are not physical beings, or energy
beings.

Considering that spirits have a consciousness and a soul (after all,
we're not talking about wine spirits here) then there would have to be
some sort of energy existing within that soul. How could a spirit
reason, project its voice onto tape, manifest, or insert itself into a
dream if it wasn't energy?

They manifest and express themselves through the human
mind, which projects their expressions outward (so to speak) and

One theory behind EVP was that the voices were actually coming from the
experimenter's mind. Experiments using conscious manipulation proved
futile and there was no telepathic link from the mind to the recording.
If you are talking about something else (through who's human mind -
ours or theirs?)

translates them into terms human consciousness is able to
comprehend. White noise provides a convenient matrix for them to
communicate, since the human mind is ever anxious to pick
recognizable patterns out of chaos. However, they are not able to
physically impress their voices on recording devices, since they
do not have voices, in any mechanical sense.

You're referring to a physical voice? It's hard to define a voice since
a voice isn't a physical object, but sound waves. Then you have voices
travelling through radio waves which you can't detect unless you have
an antenna and the proper gadgetry. According to EVP theory, there are
two ways a spirit can communicate - telepathically and *through
speaking* - we don't hear them because we can't see them, though
sometimes people do hear voices and instantly dismiss them as an
overactive imagination. Again, this goes more into the "how" - which if
anyone easily knew the answer, then there would be no debate.

they cannot be photographed, since they do not have physical bodies.

Images of the deceased (not including orbs or other white anamolies,
but actual facial images) have shown up in photographs for centuries.
Many were hoaxes, but many more cannot be proven a hoax. You can't
dismiss *every* photograph because you believe they can't be
photographed.

In fact, cameras pick up *many* things the human eye cannot, and stuff
like different nanometers of light which we don't see aren't exactly
physical.

Jeff

Old August 19th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

Al Smith wrote:

When spirits communicate, they often rely on the innate tendency
of the human mind to make sense out of chaos, to impose order on
disordered systems. It is easier for them to impress the human
mind with the illusion of a voice, for example, if there is a
background noise that encourages the false impression of a voice
or voices -- the sound of a motor, or rain falling, or even the

You're missing the point. The voice is not an illusion, but an actual
auditory manifestation on tape. Whisper as loud as you can a brief
phrase and you'll get an idea on how clear and imposing these voices
are. It's one thing to just sit and listen to white noise, imagining
voices or images (which I truly believe happens - imagination, just
like seeing faces in smoke and clouds), but the whole idea of
*recording* the white noise is to produce a tangible record of their
existence. Most are too weak to be argued anything astronomically
amazing, but some are so loud and clear that you *know* it's not the
human mind playing tricks on you. Something or someone put that voice
there, and it wasn't heard during the recording process, so if any
theory makes more sense it would be the rectification theory since the
mind cannot imagine a voice and suddenly have it appear on the
recording. Afterall, the mind *does not hear* anything when the
recording is going on - only afterwards.

wind. Spirits do not actually have voices, but in order to
communicate clearly and explicitly they must express their
thoughts in a way that human minds are able to deal with -- in
words. They cannot form actual words, but they can trigger the
impression of words in the human mind, and this is easier with the
help of some background noise conducive to the impression of voices.

I see your point, but until you do a recording yourself and pick up a
voice speaking your name or of some other relevance in a loud and clear
manner then you really haven't understood EVP, because trust me - it'll
leave you scratching your head and probably invoke a little fear for
first-timers.

Jeff

Old August 19th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

wrote:
Probally the good dead people's spirits go to Heaven.Could be it's the
bad dead people's spirits that follow you home from the grave yards.
cuhulin

I believe that spirits evolve and grow and move up to higher dimensions
over time. Life is a test, a learning lesson. Those who don't evolve
spiritually can't enter higher dimensions because their vibratory rate
is so low. I can see why these spirits hung around the cemetery to
protect it, but unfortunately they sound exactly the same in death
(accents, slang, etc.) as they did in person, and since they are still
in this dimension then it's rather easy for *sensitive* electronic
equipment to pick up their presence - IF they want to communicate.

The first time I went out there I only got one good EVP, which to this
day was the strongest, loudest, and clearest one I ever recorded - it
said "Bring him" in a man's voice after I tripped over a grave. I
reversed it months later and the reversal says, just as clear, "Right
here"...as in "Bring him right here" - of course if any of you listened
to this recording, the majority would say it is a hoax and that only a
living human could have made a voice that clear, but I wouldn't be here
debating this if it was a hoax, and plus I don't see how someone could
possible form a perfect "Right here" out of reversing the words "Bring
him".

I'll try to remember to bring the recording next time I use this
computer, since everything's at home stored on my computer.

After all, it's like a doctor diagnosing a disease without visiting
with the patient. Until you actually listen to the voices you truly
have no idea the clarity - and trust me, these voices aren't like
people talking. They are downright creepy. The tone... they honestly
sound like something out of a horror movie or ghost story.