Old August 19th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

Default Recording the back of my scanner ... weird voices

In article xazFg.9577$Ch.6327@clgrps13,
Al Smith wrote:

Forgive me for pointing it out, but your understanding of spirits
is pathetically crude. They are not physical beings, or energy
beings.

Considering that spirits have a consciousness and a soul (after all,
we're not talking about wine spirits here) then there would have to be
some sort of energy existing within that soul. How could a spirit
reason, project its voice onto tape, manifest, or insert itself into a
dream if it wasn't energy?

If you know what a soul is,

If you had a soul or a conscience you would drop rec.radio.shortwave off
the news group header since this is off topic crap.

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 19th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Metinks what I needs me is a barely legal age 18 year old virgin girl to
shack up with me.
cuhulin

Old August 19th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Jim is offline

jeff, you seem to say that the voice is actually a recorded waveform on
your recording medium, and not an imagined meaning in your own mind. if
this is so then it takes physical forces to impose order on the random
hash present. even if the energy output is very miniscule it still takes
a physical force to even manipulate electrons into some kind of
recognisable data. not to mention the intelligent knowledge of various
recording methods and media needed to affect the successful transfer of
communication. a different recording method would be useful to help sort
this out. i propose this.... a box. a sealed closed box with a glass
top. a tube could be inserted to introduce one single puff of talc, or
baking flower or fingerprint dust or even cigarette smoke. if there are
spooks and they are able to manipulate forces or circumstances that can
have any effect on your recorder, then to control the movement and
distribution of this dust should be easy. as it falls, it could display
written words, or images just as before. after all this is just a very
primitive form of recording. it only requires some form of control over
the tiny particles, similar to magnetizing a signal on the tiny magnetic
particles of recording tape but requiring less energy and less knowledge
on the part of the spook. if no unusual patterns are evident in our
"primitive" recording then i propose that the images imposed on the
sophisticated recordings are suspect. i am sure that many other methods
of recording could be thought up. maybe an etch-a-sketch screen?
powdered iron on a sheet of paper? stir up something into water to see
how it settles out? any of these should be easily influenced compared to
the electronic recorder.

Old August 20th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Last night,I watched some Bela Lugosi movies on tv.The Devil Bat and The
Body Snatcher.None of them talked.
cuhulin

Old August 21st 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

Telamon wrote:

Forgive me for pointing it out, but your understanding of spirits
is pathetically crude. They are not physical beings, or energy
beings.
Considering that spirits have a consciousness and a soul (after all,
we're not talking about wine spirits here) then there would have to be
some sort of energy existing within that soul. How could a spirit
reason, project its voice onto tape, manifest, or insert itself into a
dream if it wasn't energy?

If you know what a soul is,

If you had a soul or a conscience you would drop rec.radio.shortwave off
the news group header since this is off topic crap.

Plonk

If -YOU- had a conscience (or half a brain), you would realize that you
are being a pompous, hypocritical jackass, condemning others for
-exactly- what you have done over 300 times.

Your Pal,
Plonk

Old August 22nd 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

Plonk-B-Gone wrote in
:

Telamon wrote:

[...]

ROFL, Telamon can't just quietly plonk someone, he has to do it with
fanfare.

He can't read this because I'm plonked too. I followed-up to too many
cuhulin posts in one day. That's what got me plonked. LOL. But I ain't
gonna ignore my buddy cuhulin.

SC
Old August 23rd 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.paranormal,alt.folklore.ghost-stories

In article ,
Plonk-B-Gone wrote:

Telamon wrote:

[...]

Same clueless idiot, different handle.

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 23rd 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Plonk-B-Gone wrote:

If -YOU- had a conscience (or half a brain), you would realize that you
are being a pompous, hypocritical jackass, condemning others for
-exactly- what you have done over 300 times.

Your Pal,
Plonk

Same clueless idiot, different handle.

Plonk

Now a little refresher from a few months ago:

Telamon wrote:

I for one would appreciate it if the political nut cases would stick to
the off topic flame threads or start their own thread.

Whatever wrote:

Time for some irony and hypocrisy. Just a small sample.
http://tinyurl.com/pz8do

"Carter, K8VT" wrote:

Very interesting...320 posts, almost all of them political per se, not
complaints about OT posts. (Sorry, didn't have time to read all 320, but
the ones I did read *clearly* demonstrated the irony).

I think "hypocrisy" defines our boy up on his high horse quite well. Yet
another example of "Do as I say, not as I do".

Telamon wrote:

You and whatever have a high number of off posts. You and whatever
generally do not post helpful replies to questions. You and whatever can
point back to a period of time during a contentious election and that's
it for me but you and whatever are a different story. Do continue
looking like a clueless jackass as you do in most of your posts.

Carter, K8VT wrote:

As you *still* don't get it, *you* appear to be the "clueless jackass".

Telamon wrote:

I'm not a hypocrite. I contribute a lot of on topic and helpful posts to
this news group and I don't feel the need to justify my posting history
to someone with your poor posting history. Your recent AND long time
posting history is most off topic political posts. This is the only post
in two days so it is clear to me that you just want to ague and
denigrate me so into the kill file with you.

Plonk

Carter, K8VT wrote:

First, sorry to drag this thread on, but you still don't seem to get it.

Next, maybe you do need to justify your posting history as this is
really at the heart of the debate...

* you accused and chastised me (and others) of a "high number" of OT posts.

* 'Whatever' called your bluff, did some research and caught *you* with
your pants down--*320* OT posts (while I have of 146 posts total, maybe
100 OT). That would seem to make *you* the winner of the "High Number"
award, not others. Sort of like a guy with 320 traffic tickets calling a
guy with 100 tickets a bad driver.

* When you accuse people of doing something wrong and then it comes to
pass that *you* have done the same "wrong" thing almost *three* times as
often, then, yes, you *should* justify your posting history or be
exposed for the hypocrite you are.

As to your trying to justify your 320 OTs because you post on topic
also--well, that's a little like a bank robber saying it's OK to rob
banks because he gives some of the money to charity. NOT! OT is OT and
your 320 trumps my 100. Period [.]

Telamon wrote:

so into the kill file with you.

Plonk

Carter wrote:

Thought I was already there(!) but, please, do so again. It's getting
too hard to follow your illogic, denials, dodging, weaseling and bogus
"justification" of *YOUR* 320 OTs.
Old August 24th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Plonk-B-Gone wrote:

If -YOU- had a conscience (or half a brain), you would realize that you
are being a pompous, hypocritical jackass, condemning others for
-exactly- what you have done over 300 times.

Your Pal,
Plonk

Same clueless idiot, different handle.

Plonk

Now a little refresher from a few months ago:

Snip

Plonk

--
Telamon