Old August 23rd 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default incredible ebay auction

I haven't posted a crazy auction in a while but this one has blown me away.
this antenna is not a good performer and is worth about $50.
it went for $222

Old August 23rd 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:

I haven't posted a crazy auction in a while but this one has blown me away.
this antenna is not a good performer and is worth about $50.
it went for $222

It looks as though everyone who bid on it thought it was worth more than about
$50.

Have you thought about taking some courses in appraisal? :-)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 23rd 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

have you thought about seeing a therapist for your obvious mental issues.

you are a major league asshole, and I don't need to offer any proof as it
should be obvious to anyone on this group

Old August 23rd 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:

have you thought about seeing a therapist for your obvious mental issues.

you are a major league asshole, and I don't need to offer any proof as it
should be obvious to anyone on this group

Don't like the truth, do you?

And hey, why is that R7 still in your collection?

Old August 23rd 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

here is what passport has to say on the AN-1 antenna:

Sony Antenna Works Nicely

Sony's active (amplified) AN-LP1 loop antenna helps bring weaker stations
out of the mud.

It is especially useful if you live in an apartment or townhouse where an
outdoor wire

antenna isn't feasible.

Don't confuse this with the Sony AN-1 antenna, which is inferior.

Old August 23rd 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:

why are you such a bitter hateful nasty person ?

Bitter? Hateful? Nasty?

Why is it that you simply don't like the truth being pointed out to you,
especially when it concerns one of your eBay observations?

The TRUTH IS it looks as though everyone who bid on it thought it was worth more
than about $50.

Is that difficult for you to accept?

And heck, the R7 IS still shown in your collection, even though you said you
sold it.

Am I being bitter, nasty and/or hateful by pointing that out?

Old August 23rd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:

here is what passport has to say on the AN-1 antenna:

Sony Antenna Works Nicely

Sony's active (amplified) AN-LP1 loop antenna helps bring weaker stations
out of the mud.

It is especially useful if you live in an apartment or townhouse where an
outdoor wire

antenna isn't feasible.

Don't confuse this with the Sony AN-1 antenna, which is inferior.

So... obviously those bidders disagree with you (they often seem to do that!)
and Passport.

Old August 24th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"mike maghakian" wrote in
:

I haven't posted a crazy auction in a while but this one has blown me
away. this antenna is not a good performer and is worth about $50.
it went for $222

There's a jon fimmel born every second.

Old August 24th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:
I haven't posted a crazy auction in a while but this one has blown me away.
this antenna is not a good performer and is worth about $50.
it went for $222

As with most products, performance is a function of the application
and the environment. I have an AN-1, and have found that when I'm in the
North Woodsit does a creditable job for casual DXing. It also requires
the right radio and doesn't do **** for some.

It's not my first choice for use in the city, or even at home, but on
the road, it's a particularly useful item.

$50 is more than a fair price, but I've seen them go higher. And not
unjustifiably so.