Old August 27th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Art Bell's Radios and stuff

NGO tv channel,UFOs: Seeing is Believing.They showed an old video of Art
Bell sitting and talking on his microphone.Lots of radios in the video.
cuhulin

Old August 27th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Well,I have DirecTV.I just clicked to the left of the UFOs program on
channel 276 and it says, NGC
Passionate (I like that word,Passionate) storytelling that brings
adventures,exploration,culture and natural wonders to
life.Educational.Peter Jennings is the narator on the program.I wouldn't
doubt that ABC did run the program before.Next up program is,Lockdown!
Gangland.But I will probally find me something else to watch.At 12:15
PM,Sands of Iwo Jima is on the TWC channel so I will watch that movie.
cuhulin

Old August 27th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com hecklerspray Actual Recording of Astronaut UFO
Encounter

My God,it's real! They are sitting on the edge of that crater watching
us! Beam us out of here! Scotty.
cuhulin

Old August 27th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2006-08-27 12:11:38 -0400, said:

NGO tv channel,UFOs: Seeing is Believing.They showed an old video of Art
Bell sitting and talking on his microphone.Lots of radios in the video.
cuhulin

He's a ham operator.

Old August 27th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I heard Art Bell talking on www.coasttocoastam.com FM 97.3
www.supertalkmississippi.com last night on my radio.

That woman next door needs to buy some kind of spray (something that
hooks up to a water hose) for chiggers and knats,whatever they are.I was
sitting on the back porch over there talking to her last night and those
insects were eating me up.
cuhulin

Old August 27th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ace is correct. Art's call was/is W6OBB. Last time I heard him on 3840
he was using an Icom 7800. I really like the auto CW id he used.

Sadly he had a falling out with the group on 3840 before he went to the
Philippines & would not use that freq.

Also I should note there is a group of guys that use 3840 in the early
evenings....2300 UTC +-.... that are a hoot to listen to.Some of them
have been or still are in the Radio Broadcasting buisness.

Of course more activity as cooler weather & less static are the rule.

Ken KG4BIG

On 2006-08-27 12:11:38 -0400, said:

NGO tv channel,UFOs: Seeing is Believing.They showed an old video of Art
Bell sitting and talking on his microphone.Lots of radios in the video.
cuhulin

He's a ham operator.

W6OBB, not sure if he's still in the Philippines and whether he's operating or
not, or if he has a callsign there as well.

Used to be heard pretty regularly on 3840.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 27th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ken Wilson wrote:

Ace is correct. Art's call was/is W6OBB. Last time I heard him on 3840
he was using an Icom 7800. I really like the auto CW id he used.

Sadly he had a falling out with the group on 3840 before he went to the
Philippines & would not use that freq.

Also I should note there is a group of guys that use 3840 in the early
evenings....2300 UTC +-.... that are a hoot to listen to.Some of them
have been or still are in the Radio Broadcasting buisness.

Yeah, I've been listening to those guys for over 20 years. Some of them operate in
the early mornings on 3849, 3850 on weekends.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 28th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Good deal Ace.

K8LQ Brian in CHARLEVOIX MI is my favorite.

Some of the prerecorded ID clips he plays on his transceiver make me
laugh really hard sometimes.

K8FW Ferrel in Milford, OH is also interesting to listen to IMHO.

Ken