Old August 27th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Gre8t Lib Net?

Was out last night having steak with the XYL.
Missed the Gre8t Lib Net as it was 1:30 when we
got home and 3.950 was clear.

What went down? Was it the SOS every weekend as usual ??
Was the net monopolized by a certain blowhard and scared
all the regulars away as in da past week's?
Old August 28th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

summer'°s eve wrote:

Was out last night having steak with the XYL.
Missed the Gre8t Lib Net as it was 1:30 when we
got home and 3.950 was clear.

What went down? Was it the SOS every weekend as usual ??
Was the net monopolized by a certain blowhard and scared
all the regulars away as in da past week's?

IIRC, it was on 3978. It never begins on 3950 any more, but sometimes
moves down to 3950 (if it's clear) later in the night to escape QRM.
Nothing unusual happened. No jamming, just a few cat calls. Blowhard of
the night award went to that guy who goes on and on about that Catholic
saint Monica Luken (sp?).

Old September 5th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

summer'°s eve wrote:
Was out last night having steak with the XYL.
Missed the Gre8t Lib Net as it was 1:30 when we
got home and 3.950 was clear.

What went down? Was it the SOS every weekend as usual ??
Was the net monopolized by a certain blowhard and scared
all the regulars away as in da past week's?

I'm surprised the Liberty Net is still around. I remember the old days
when Sid (K5BLB) and NX0T ("N-X-Nothing-Turd" as Sid called him) were on
3950 fighting every night. Is W1WCR still around? I haven't listened in
at least 10 years to that bunch, I figured they had all dropped dead of
old age by now.

Old September 5th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"rt4562" wrote in message
.. .
summer'°s eve wrote:
Was out last night having steak with the XYL.
Missed the Gre8t Lib Net as it was 1:30 when we
got home and 3.950 was clear.

What went down? Was it the SOS every weekend as usual ??
Was the net monopolized by a certain blowhard and scared
all the regulars away as in da past week's?

I'm surprised the Liberty Net is still around. I remember the old days
when Sid (K5BLB) and NX0T ("N-X-Nothing-Turd" as Sid called him) were on
3950 fighting every night. Is W1WCR still around? I haven't listened in
at least 10 years to that bunch, I figured they had all dropped dead of
old age by now.

Vic is still around and still does the NCS each and
every saturday evening, although MANY of the original
Lib Net members are now SK or have gone elsewhere.
A mere shell of it's former self although for ham radio
it did have quite an extraordinary run of time. Today it
seems to attract the kooks and conspiracy nuts instead
of the former in-depth political discussions of it's heyday.

Ole Sid and company can still be heard almost on
a nightly basis on 3.947 LSB during the late evening.
Haven't heard NX on the air in many Years. Don't know
if he's SK or just MIA. Miss him as he was a true
live wire and much fun to listen into. Same with KJI who's
not been heard from in over 2 Years.

Old September 5th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

ArtieFlonkmeister wrote:
"rt4562" wrote in message
.. .

summer'°s eve wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info. Wow, I can't believe Vic is still around, he's
gotta be in his 80s now. And Sid Mahan (K5BLB), I heard several years
back that the FCC had finally pulled his license, and I also figured he
was probably long dead by now. I read in a newgroup posting several
years ago that John (NX0T) was pushing up daisies. The last I remember
hearing him was probably sometime in late '95, when he seemed to be
having some sort of breakdown. He was very entertaining, and he and
K5BLB had running fights just about every night for two or three years.
All I remember about W9KJI was that he and "Norm" used to hold foreign
language lessons on 3950 just to keep the Liberty Net off of that freq.

I was a fairly regular listener to the 3950 bunch from '92 until '98,
then I got a life and have only been back a handful of times since. I'll
have to check it out again soon. I also used to listen to 3853 kHz a
lot, they were another entertaining bunch. I wonder if the old drunk
James (N5RLX) is still alive? I'd be amazed if he is, he probably
experienced liver failure years ago. I know he (finally!) had his
license pulled by 2000 or so.

Old September 17th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ArtieFlonkmeister" wrote in message
groups.com...

Vic is still around and still does the NCS each and
every saturday evening, although MANY of the original
Lib Net members are now SK or have gone elsewhere.
A mere shell of it's former self although for ham radio
it did have quite an extraordinary run of time. Today it
seems to attract the kooks and conspiracy nuts instead
of the former in-depth political discussions of it's heyday.

Much proof of that last evening with an in-depth discussion of the true
meaning of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and how his incarceration signals the end
of our constitutional liberties. Will somebody please buy a clue for N2SAG?
I'll contribute a modest amount to the cause.