Old September 9th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is Big Brother Listening?

I have heard from a usually reliable source ( he usually pays for my
coffee) that new computers, television sets, cellphones and cable
boxes are fitted with audio devices that can listen to what is said in
the area and transmit the audio to a monitoring center. Certainly the
Onstar has this potential and so do cellphones. The source says that
there is a little subassembly on the mainboard as they have not yet
integrated the listening device in the mainboard of a computer.
Supposedly you can disconnect this device to ensure privacy. It is
supposedly required by Homeland security so they can listen in to
terrorists etc, but it responds to key words a la Eschalon to determine
public trends. All my equipment is too old to have such a thing and I
wonder if anyone has heard of this or is it just an urban myth. I think
my 8-track is safe. My first reaction is to think that the audio would
be too muffled and echoed to be of much use. I know that someone ( I
think Sony) has developed a picture tube that will produce a picture
and transmit the room image at the same time. There can only be one
purpose for this device.

Old September 9th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 23:06:03 -0400, "Brian Denley"
wrote:

It's not true and shut that light off behind you.

It gives ''too much information'' several new meanings.
Old September 9th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

ve3... wrote:
[...]

Hum,I dunno..
But since I'm "curious" and like taking electronic stuff apart,along
with repairing stuff..I'm sure I'd eventually run across one,along with
other "curious" types,and repair guys,etc..
The word would get out pretty quickly,I'd think.

Old September 9th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ve3..." wrote:

[...]

Yes, keeping an eye on *supid* dumbass Canucks.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 9th 06, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2006-09-08 22:30:52 -0400, "ve3..." said:

[...]

LOL!!! Paranoia is a terrible thing folks!

Old September 9th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2006-09-08 22:30:52 -0400, "ve3..." said:

..

LOL!!! Paranoia is a terrible thing folks!

You obviously don't know anything about surveillance. I suggest you
look up "echalon" on google. You will get about 22,000 hits. Read some
and be aware that this old system pales beside what they can do now.
It is based on the recognition of key words and enabled by awesome
computer power.
Paranoia can be useful if they are really out to get you. Ha ha hehhe
hoho.

Old September 9th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

PhattyMo wrote:
ve3... wrote:
I have heard from a usually reliable source ( he usually pays for my
coffee) that new computers, television sets, cellphones and cable
boxes are fitted with audio devices that can listen to what is said in
the area and transmit the audio to a monitoring center.....

Hum,I dunno..
But since I'm "curious" and like taking electronic stuff apart,along
with repairing stuff..I'm sure I'd eventually run across one,along with
other "curious" types,and repair guys,etc..
The word would get out pretty quickly,I'd think.

.................................................. .................................................. ................
Thanks for the response. I am pretty isolated here so have no way of
checking these rumours out.

Old September 9th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
"ve3..." wrote:

I know that someone ( I think Sony) has developed a picture tube that will produce a pictureand transmit the room image at the same time. There can only be one purpose for this device.

Yes, keeping an eye on *supid* dumbass Canucks.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

.................................................. .................................................. ..........
Yes: industrial espionage to try and figure out why the factories are
moving to Canada.

Old September 9th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ve3..." wrote:

PhattyMo wrote:
ve3... wrote:
I have heard from a usually reliable source ( he usually pays for my
coffee) that new computers, television sets, cellphones and cable
boxes are fitted with audio devices that can listen to what is said in
the area and transmit the audio to a monitoring center.....

Hum,I dunno..
But since I'm "curious" and like taking electronic stuff apart,along
with repairing stuff..I'm sure I'd eventually run across one,along with
other "curious" types,and repair guys,etc..
The word would get out pretty quickly,I'd think.

.................................................. .................................................. ...............
Thanks for the response. I am pretty isolated here so have no way of
checking these rumours out.

Isolated? From where you're at you could darn near throw a rock at the US of A.. heck, you probably do.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 9th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Supid,sipid,insipid.Look them up online at Merriam Webster Dictionary.
www.merriamwebster.com
cuhulin