Old October 1st 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Oh No - I Paid Too Much ! - Tale$ from "The eBay" and Beyond . . .

- Caveat Lector wrote:
- Gee what part of an auction don't you understand ??

First 'it' IS a fine example of BoomBoxes Gone Wild !

Second 'it' did have some very nice Photos
of the Mighty Big BoomBox.

Third 'it' did have 22 Bids and {IMHO} a Way-Over-Bid Price.

a classic example of : oh no - i paid too much ! ~ RHF
another tale economic-over-excitement from 'the ebay' and beyond . . .

Someone wrote
I can't stand Ebay... it has done nothing but drive prices to insane
levels... I'm looking for an RF-2200 but not for 300$... a 20 Y.O.
receiver
is still a 20 Y.O receiver

Old October 1st 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : Oh No - I Paid Too Much ! - Tale$ from "TheeBay" and Be...

If you are going to run with the big dogs,you have to get off the porch!

I like that big boom box.Maybe some day one just like it will be waiting
on me at the Goodwill store (I am going over there tomorrow at the usual
time,about 12 thirtish in the afternoon) and I will buy it for four or
five dollars.Don't laugh,I have bought a lot of good radios at the
Goodwill stores over the years.
cuhulin

Old October 1st 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Fo One and All,

Once Again eBay "Buying Fever" Flames Out-of-Control ! ! !

Drake R8B Communications Receiver
eBay Seller claims "Near Mint Condition"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R8B-Commun...mZ230032295760

Has 24 Bids and a Price of $1525.oo with 4-Hours to go . . .
and it doesn't even have "The Radio-Mart {Magic} Red Drap"
to Pump-Up the Price )

Will the new owner soon be able to proudly say :
Oh No - I Paid Too Much !

INFO - RL Drake "R8B" Communications Receiver
New Price : $1199-1349 with a Used Price : $900-950
DRAKE R8B = http://www.dxing.com/rx/r8b.htm
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold122.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0082.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../0082spec.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...2.html#options
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...r/0082ops.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...vr/0082lrg.gif
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../0082rear.html

tale$ from 'the ebay' and beyond . . . ~ RHF
Old October 1st 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

Fo One and All,

Once Again eBay "Buying Fever" Flames Out-of-Control ! ! !

Drake R8B Communications Receiver
eBay Seller claims "Near Mint Condition"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R8B-Commun...mZ230032295760

Has 24 Bids and a Price of $1525.oo with 4-Hours to go . . .
and it doesn't even have "The Radio-Mart {Magic} Red Drap"
to Pump-Up the Price )

27 bids and a price of $1635.00 with 3 hours to go.

Nice to see that the stuff on the desk is holding its value.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Will the new owner soon be able to proudly say :
Oh No - I Paid Too Much !

INFO - RL Drake "R8B" Communications Receiver
New Price : $1199-1349 with a Used Price : $900-950
DRAKE R8B = http://www.dxing.com/rx/r8b.htm
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold122.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0082.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../0082spec.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...2.html#options
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...r/0082ops.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...vr/0082lrg.gif
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal.../0082rear.html

tale$ from 'the ebay' and beyond . . . ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Old October 1st 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

RHF wrote:

Fo One and All,

Once Again eBay "Buying Fever" Flames Out-of-Control ! ! !

Drake R8B Communications Receiver
eBay Seller claims "Near Mint Condition"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R8B-Commun...mZ230032295760

Has 24 Bids and a Price of $1525.oo with 4-Hours to go . . .
and it doesn't even have "The Radio-Mart {Magic} Red Drap"
to Pump-Up the Price )

27 bids and a price of $1635.00 with 3 hours to go.

29 bids and a price of $2025.00 with 2.5 hours to go!

If I recall correctly I paid around $850 each for the three I've owned. (Only one here currently
though).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 1st 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Yeah, but a boom box this size will make you top dog in the hood! So
one is buying rank here!

Yo, word up, my peepz. That's "dawg."

Old October 1st 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

RHF wrote:

Fo One and All,

Once Again eBay "Buying Fever" Flames Out-of-Control ! ! !

Drake R8B Communications Receiver
eBay Seller claims "Near Mint Condition"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R8B-Commun...mZ230032295760

Has 24 Bids and a Price of $1525.oo with 4-Hours to go . . .
and it doesn't even have "The Radio-Mart {Magic} Red Drap"
to Pump-Up the Price )

27 bids and a price of $1635.00 with 3 hours to go.

29 bids and a price of $2025.00 with 2.5 hours to go!

30 bids now with a half hour to go. It looks as though the high bidder put in another bid to cement his
position.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 1st 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:29:48 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

30 bids now with a half hour to go. It looks as though the high bidder put in another bid to cement his
position.

Heh, and there was an R8B that popped up on Ebay a few days ago with a
"buy it now" price of $1250. I thought that was insane then...I guess
I could have picked that up and then 'flipped' it for a nice profit to
one of these bozos bidding it up.

The thing that amazes me is that there's not one, not two, but THREE
people who have placed bids of over $1500 for this thing. 45 minutes
to go and holding steady at $2025 - look out for last-minute snipers!

And to think I snagged an R-5000 there recently in the $300 range. The
R8B is a good radio, but there's no way it's 6 or 7 times as good. ;-)

Mark
Old October 1st 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

30 bids now with a half hour to go. It looks as though the high bidder put in another bid to cement his
position.

Heh, and there was an R8B that popped up on Ebay a few days ago with a
"buy it now" price of $1250. I thought that was insane then...I guess
I could have picked that up and then 'flipped' it for a nice profit to
one of these bozos bidding it up.

The thing that amazes me is that there's not one, not two, but THREE
people who have placed bids of over $1500 for this thing. 45 minutes
to go and holding steady at $2025 - look out for last-minute snipers!

And to think I snagged an R-5000 there recently in the $300 range. The
R8B is a good radio, but there's no way it's 6 or 7 times as good. ;-)

Well, it is a *Drake*! The R-5000 is a great radio, I had one here for several years, nice audio. The only
thing I had to do with it was change out the stock 6 kHz filter which wasn't all that good.

dxAce
Michigan
USA