Old October 25th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Adaepters for car stereo to shortwave

wrote:

Ed wrote:
I thought this was kind of interesting, I do spend alot of time driving
and cannot stand 98% of local radio broadcasts.
I don't know the quality of this particular manufacturer.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-306

The only comments I remember reading about shortwave converters were
not very good. Poor reception, lots of adjacent signal interference,
etc. Additionally, tuning the shortwave bands may be a real pita
unless you happen to have an analog am radio. Most cars come equipped
with digital radios having 10khz channel separation. Consequently band
tuning for stations will involve punching up a frquency on the AM
receiver and tuning back and forth with the clarifier dial on the
converter while driving down the highway at 65mph.

You would be better off trying to find one of the increasingly rare
after market radios designed to receive shortwave. I believe Sony
still makes one. But count on only getting strong signals at night.

Didn't the place known as Jackies (sp) over in Bahrain or some such carry some
auto SW receivers?

The rental cars we used to get in Spain, Italy and elsewhere (mid to late 70's)
used to have radios with at least the 6 MHz band installed.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 25th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
wrote:

Ed wrote:
[...]

Yes, that was the place...Jackies sold a Sony car receiver with
shortwave. I wonder if one of the european radio makers still sells
them. Last time I rented a car in the U.K. it had AM and FM coverage
but that was it.

Old October 25th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That blonde divorced 34 year old nasty talkin woman (she is originally
from Miami,Florida) in Petal,Mississippi,she hasen't emailed in over
tree months.What's I supposed to do?
cuhulin

Old October 25th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
wrote:

Ed wrote:
[...]

This guy in the USA is apparently still selling the Sony Shortwave
radio for cars:

http://www.shortwavestore.com/sws/pr...5&cat=0&page=1

And the old european standby Blaupunkt has at least one radio with 49
meter and LW coverage (whoppee) for sale in Germany. It didn't appear
in the UK listings for them however.

http://www.blaupunkt.com/

My honest opinion is that the money and effort it will take to get
shortwave coverage in a car isn't justified by the likely results.
Signal strength won't be what it is in europe so reception will be
subject to a lot of fading, static and car generated noise.

Old October 25th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

jane BITCH pauley sues NY Slimes.
www.drudgereport.com (CUM)
How Funny can it be?
cuhulin

Old October 25th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Canadians flick is on tb now.Screw that S..t! I am fixin to click on
the TV Land tb channel on Directum TB.
cuhulin

Old October 25th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

jane BITCH pauley sues NY Slimes.
www.drudgereport.com (CUM)
How Funny can it be?

Off her meds again?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 25th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BBC America tb,,, Are You Being Served? Mrs.Slocombe said her pussy has
been locked up for eight hours!
Mannnn,,,, let me out of here!!!!
cuhulin

Old October 25th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Het,dxAce.alt.webtv-service thingy.You know how to look it up.Check
out,Phil.
cuhulin

Old October 25th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Het,dxAce.alt.webtv-service thingy.You know how to look it up.Check
out,Phil.

English, please.

dxAce
Michigan