Old October 25th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Adaepters for car stereo to shortwave

I yam a guy in U.S.A.born n rased.I own some Sony raydios and I own a
Blupunk raydiyo too.Doggy,stop licking my nuts!
cuhulin

Old October 25th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Kiss My ASS,,, the only thing the So-called gop is good for,,, is NUKE
BOMBING THE HELL OUT OF EVERY one of them gop *******S and BITCHES in
the WORLD.and I!!!! would be more than HAPPY to PULL them NUKE Triggers
on them TOO.I worked in a Nuclear Missile outfitfit in 1963.Don't call
ME any lost cause!!!!!
cuhulin

Old October 25th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ed Ed is offline

No Problem. If anyone knows of a better make adapter for car, I would
appreciate it. The only time I have for listening to SW is in the car.
At home there is alot going on all the time. Being on the road tuning
it would seem to me some fun and something different to listen to.

Thanks

Ed

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:54:48 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Ed wrote:

I don't want sirius radio.

You'll have to forgive Rickets, he's not quite all there..

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:21:54 GMT, David wrote:

On 24 Oct 2006 16:19:42 -0700, "Ed" wrote:

I thought this was kind of interesting, I do spend alot of time driving
and cannot stand 98% of local radio broadcasts.
I don't know the quality of this particular manufacturer.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-306

If you're in North America you can get a Sirius radio and
subscription.

Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in
:

That blonde divorced 34 year old nasty talkin woman (she is originally
from Miami,Florida) in Petal,Mississippi,she hasen't emailed in over
tree months.What's I supposed to do?
cuhulin

Buy a new p0rno mag and let doggy lick your nuts.

SC
Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in
:

I yam a guy in U.S.A.born n rased.I own some Sony raydios and I own a
Blupunk raydiyo too.Doggy,stop licking my nuts!
cuhulin

See, Better than the divorced 34 year old nasty
talkin woman.

SC

Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in
:

I worked in a Nuclear Missile outfitfit in 1963.Don't call
ME any lost cause!!!!!
cuhulin

Did you stare down Cuba? and What's an outfitfit?

SC
Old October 26th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What's an SC?
cuhulin

Old October 26th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2006-10-25 21:35:31 -0500, said:

What's an SC?

A leftist who lets his dog lick his nuts.

Old October 26th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

dxAce wrote:
wrote:

Ed wrote:
I thought this was kind of interesting, I do spend alot of time
driving
and cannot stand 98% of local radio broadcasts.
I don't know the quality of this particular manufacturer.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-306

The only comments I remember reading about shortwave converters were
not very good. Poor reception, lots of adjacent signal interference,
etc. Additionally, tuning the shortwave bands may be a real pita
unless you happen to have an analog am radio. Most cars come equipped
with digital radios having 10khz channel separation. Consequently band
tuning for stations will involve punching up a frquency on the AM
receiver and tuning back and forth with the clarifier dial on the
converter while driving down the highway at 65mph.

You would be better off trying to find one of the increasingly rare
after market radios designed to receive shortwave. I believe Sony
still makes one. But count on only getting strong signals at night.

Didn't the place known as Jackies (sp) over in Bahrain or some such carry
some
auto SW receivers?

The rental cars we used to get in Spain, Italy and elsewhere (mid to late
70's)
used to have radios with at least the 6 MHz band installed.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

This guy in the USA is apparently still selling the Sony Shortwave
radio for cars:

http://www.shortwavestore.com/sws/pr...5&cat=0&page=1

And the old european standby Blaupunkt has at least one radio with 49
meter and LW coverage (whoppee) for sale in Germany. It didn't appear
in the UK listings for them however.

http://www.blaupunkt.com/

My honest opinion is that the money and effort it will take to get
shortwave coverage in a car isn't justified by the likely results.
Signal strength won't be what it is in europe so reception will be
subject to a lot of fading, static and car generated noise.

I have had considerably better luck with shortwave reception in a car than
at home, to be honest. Out on the road there is considerably less noise than
at my home. Even just using the whip antenna on the radio (and I've used
everything from the ultra cheap Jwin's to a Satellit 700) I get good signals
on all the international broadcasters (program listening). Remember that a
car radio made with shortwave in mind will make use of the same sort of
front end that MW car radios have used from the beginning, thus optimizing
the use of the relatively short automobile antenna. Think how well that
antenna works for MW reception.. for SW it would be more efficient. As for
fading, that's a given on SW, just as it is for MW at night. Anyone who
listens to SW regularly expects and accepts it.

I've used a 2010 in the car and gotten decent performance on stronger
stations. Dxing from inside a steel enclosure is difficult...;-) As
you mentioned radios designed for receiving shortwave will do very
well. The shortwave converters can work after a fashion however
finding and clarifying shortwave stations with a digital AM radio that
tunes in 10khz increments will at best be labor intensive and probably
quite frustrating.

Listening to shortwave is a bit of a challenge to begin with, but the
result can be satisfying with the right equipment. A shortwave adapter
would take the owner in the opposite direction however because the
equipment will be difficult to use and will provide barely acceptable
results. The AM display will not register the actual frequency so that
will just add to the fun. For not much more money a radio designed
for shortwave reception would be a far better alternative than some
add-on adapter than one has to find a place to store that is
immediately available for tuning and clarifying.

Old October 26th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Jim is offline

Default Adapters for car stereo to shortwave

i dont know about that mfj unit but i have a home built crystal
converter with 8 switchable crystal slots and a variable preselector
front end. i can cover several sw bands and it is damn nice even if i do
say so myself! it works as well as the am section of the car radio
allows it to. the car radio is the most limiting factor and an am radio
is not really designed to the specs needed for great reception under sw
conditions. for the $100 price of the mfj converter one could buy a
cheap portable sw radio that will blow the socks off of any am/converter
combo. almost any sw portable will easily outshine the converter and you
wont need the calculator and the degree in calculus to tell what
frequency you are on. my setup for dumptruck swl'ing is a ratshack
dx399(sangean ats 606) and a long base loaded cb whip antenna. it works
great! the converter/am radio combo is barely adequate by comparison.
mount the portable with velcro, add a fm link to your car radio for loud
speaker volume and a mag mount cb antenna on the roof and you have spent
about the $100 that the converter cost but with much better reception
and a few more sw bands. i am not kidding, almost ANY cheap portable
will do better than the am converter combo!