Old November 4th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio St. Helana

At 17:07EST/13:07UTC I am receiving them but they are so weak I can
only get about every third word. I hope reception improves.

Using a R2000, R8B, AOR7030+ and for grins a DX398, all with a WinRadio
dual transformer 9:1
and 50' of wire tacked between to tree stubs. Antenna is running south
to north and it is about
15' off the ground.

We are having the large Chinese elms in our yard removed so all my real
antennas are
down for the duration.

Located in central Kentucky, about halfway between the city and the KY
river.

Terry

Old November 4th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Clear but I guess weak in Ohio; using a battery of filters, a couple
notches and an Amcom inc Clear Speech, cleans it up a lot.

As to content, these guys struck me as morons in 1999 and they still
impress me as morons.

It is, however, a rare one, sort of.

--
Ron Hardin

Old November 4th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Here in SF Bay Area, CA, weak but barely readable at 22:30 onward on
11092.50 kHz USB. Basically doesn't move the needle, but the frequency
is quiet, and modulation is pretty good. Would be fairly easy to read
if the local noise levels around here weren't so high.

Bruce Jensen

Old November 4th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

Here in SF Bay Area, CA, weak but barely readable at 22:30 onward on
11092.50 kHz USB. Basically doesn't move the needle, but the frequency
is quiet, and modulation is pretty good. Would be fairly easy to read
if the local noise levels around here weren't so high.

Hang in there Bruce and see if the signal improves with the 2330 broadcast. It's
been good here most of the afternoon.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 4th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:

Here in SF Bay Area, CA, weak but barely readable at 22:30 onward on
11092.50 kHz USB. Basically doesn't move the needle, but the frequency
is quiet, and modulation is pretty good. Would be fairly easy to read
if the local noise levels around here weren't so high.

Hang in there Bruce and see if the signal improves with the 2330 broadcast. It's
been good here most of the afternoon.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yepp, that's what I"m doing! Very exciting! Wish the voice were not
quite so muffled/hollow sounding, bvut maybe 23:30 will help that too.

BJ

Old November 4th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Weak but still readable in Tucson, AZ. Managed to get their Email
address and send a report.

Terry - how do you like that AOR receiver? Ugliest damn thing I've
ever seen!

Frank
K3YAZ

Old November 4th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bob bob is offline

Was able to pickup what sounded like speech on usb, nothing on lsb.
Extremely weak though

Guess my 7600gr and 10m of wire just don't cut it.

-Bob
Old November 5th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
Here in SF Bay Area, CA, weak but barely readable at 22:30 onward on
11092.50 kHz USB. Basically doesn't move the needle, but the frequency
is quiet, and modulation is pretty good. Would be fairly easy to read
if the local noise levels around here weren't so high.

Bruce Jensen

You did better than I did here in San Jose, California. Tried off and
on from 1800 to 2130, and listened continuously from 2200 to 0100.
Might have heard some hints of voices or music under the noise, or it
could have been my imagination. Using a Drake R8 with a 10m longwire
running N-S. Got RSH on two out of five previous attempts.