Old November 8th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Freeplay Summit battery replacement

Hi

I would like to replace the power pack with something with a larger
capacity. I followed the instructions to remove the two black trims
and 5 screws, and can take out the power pack, but it consists of 3
AA(?) cells wrapped in a moulded plastic container, arranged in a
triangular cross section, with a wire running to the motherboard. The
question is, has anyone else experience of replacing this?

Old November 8th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hi

That is what I wanted to do. Unfortunately, the plastic container
seems to be moulded around the cells so I cannot remove it wothout
destroying it, and I wondered just exactly what was inside, ie, whether
what was inside would still be usable. I have found Panasonic cells
extremely good at retaining charge and misuse.

Eg

ve3... wrote:
I wonder about the capacity of the cells in the battery pack. It may be
that they are getting old. One suggestion is to replace them with
freshly charged 2300 mah AA rechargeable nimh cells This would let you
keep the plastic container. The 2300 mah cells might have enough
capacity to do the job. "Energizer" makes AA cells that are commonly
available.

Old November 8th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Oh, and I forgot to mention that although Freeplay advertise the
batteries as removable, they do not mention replacements on the web
site, nor do they respond to emails!