Old November 9th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Interesting New Product

http://www.bhinstrumentation.co.uk/html/anem.html

Supposedly available in USA via these folks for $179.00 but it's not jumping
right off their page at me:

http://www.gapantenna.com/

Reviewed in the November NASWA Journal.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 9th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

http://www.bhinstrumentation.co.uk/html/anem.html

Supposedly available in USA via these folks for $179.00 but it's not jumping
right off their page at me:

http://www.gapantenna.com/

Reviewed in the November NASWA Journal.

Here's a link to basically the same review which appears in the November NASWA
Journal:

http://www.gapantenna.com/Files/anemreview.pdf

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 10th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:48:14 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

dxAce wrote:

http://www.bhinstrumentation.co.uk/html/anem.html

Supposedly available in USA via these folks for $179.00 but it's not jumping
right off their page at me:

http://www.gapantenna.com/

Reviewed in the November NASWA Journal.

Here's a link to basically the same review which appears in the November NASWA
Journal:

http://www.gapantenna.com/Files/anemreview.pdf

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Just buy a good radio ham-bone.
Old November 10th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My Grandpappy used to always call me Hambone.I like that name.y'all ever
read any newspaper cartoon thingys by the name of Hambone Sez.I
have,lots of times before back in the 1940's and 1950's.Look em up.
cuhulin

Old November 10th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I use both the in-line module and a repacked hear it speaker and they are
simply spectacular performers and I wouldn't do any serious listening
without them. they are the best thing since the sync in the satellit 800.

Old November 10th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:

I use both the in-line module and a repacked hear it speaker and they are
simply spectacular performers and I wouldn't do any serious listening
without them. they are the best thing since the sync in the satellit 800.

The new BHI product or the GAP?

Old November 10th 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Bob is offline

dxAce wrote:
mike maghakian wrote:

I use both the in-line module and a repacked hear it speaker and they are
simply spectacular performers and I wouldn't do any serious listening
without them. they are the best thing since the sync in the satellit 800.

The new BHI product or the GAP?

According to info on one of the websites, the DSP technology is the
same in all the products. It seems that those that like them are able
to find a setting (seems to be 4, 5, or 6 of the 1-8 available) and
then just leave it there pretty much full time. BHI makes all the GAP
DSP units.

A link to the GAP DSP stuff:
http://www.gapantenna.com/hearit.htm

Universal Radio carries their speaker and the in line module, but I
don't find the new NASWA reviewed unit there yet.

Bob

Old November 10th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob wrote:

dxAce wrote:
mike maghakian wrote:

I use both the in-line module and a repacked hear it speaker and they are
simply spectacular performers and I wouldn't do any serious listening
without them. they are the best thing since the sync in the satellit 800.

The new BHI product or the GAP?

According to info on one of the websites, the DSP technology is the
same in all the products. It seems that those that like them are able
to find a setting (seems to be 4, 5, or 6 of the 1-8 available) and
then just leave it there pretty much full time.

BHI makes all the GAP
DSP units.

That's interesting to know.

Old November 10th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Will it filter out iboc from a radio?
cuhulin

Old November 11th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Bob is offline

mike maghakian wrote:
I use both the in-line module and a repacked hear it speaker and they are
simply spectacular performers and I wouldn't do any serious listening
without them. they are the best thing since the sync in the satellit 800.

Mike -

Do you find that you leave it on all the time on a setting, or do you
switch in and out and/or adjust it quite a bit?

Bob