Old November 21st 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Newbie question

Janospetrik,

For under a reasonably good Shortwave Radio
that is 'Priced' around US$100 consider the
"REDSUN" Model RP2100 AM / FM / Shortwave Radio
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ9737227789
* Duel Conversion PLL Tuning
* AM IF Output for Expansion of CW, SSB, DRM
* Narrow & Wide Passbands for MW and SW
* 5-Inch Double Cone Speaker
Plus it looks like the Cost is about $100 )
Note - Picture of the Redsun Export Model RP2000
http://www.redsunelect.com/UploadFiles/RP2000.jpg

NOTICE - BE ADVISED :
This is NOT my Auction and I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller.

PLEASE NOTE - FWIW :
That this Message is being Posted for Informational Purposes Only.
- - - It was simply an Interesting New Radio Design - - -

MORE - "REDSUN" Model RP2100 AM / FM / Shortwave Radio
rec.radio.shortwave Redsun Radios (new Chinese brand)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...af7625a079c55b

Name: Redsun Electronics
Link: http://www.redsunelect.com/
http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?im...48169013yh.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?i...72781757ti.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?i...13446671ee.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?im...21710569tp.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=417pz.jpg
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...9507e0ebc72b49

CF - The Redsuns are Interesting looking radios. ~ RHF
http://www.redsunelect.com/Index_en.asp
The Redsun RP-2000 kind-a-looks-like an 'improved
Tecsun BCL-2000 with AM Dual Conversion and more . . .
http://www.redsunelect.com/ProductSh...?ArticleID=112

ABOUT - Redsun Electronics Co. Ltd.
RSE = http://www.redsunelect.com/About_en.asp

Here is the RadioIntel Up-Date about the
REDSUN" Model RP2100 AM / FM / Shortwave Radio
RADIO INTEL = http://www.radiointel.com/
* Redsun RP2100 Update - The first batch of about
50 RP2100 and that mass production of this model
is expected to begin by . . .
RADIO INTEL = http://www.radiointel.com/
* Click here to see more Photos of the RP2100 . . .

Check-Out the Redsun RP2100 / RP2000 Radio Owner's Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redsun...-rp2000-radio/
For : Help & Information & News
You Can Ask Questions & Get Answers
and a lot more . . .

For More Money {$150+} the next step up from the Redsun
RP2100 AM/FM Shortwave Radio would be the newer third
generation Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio.

READ - About the Sony ICF-SW7600 / Sony ICF-SW7600G /
Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio Information & Links
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...86e2c6735c3459

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...9eab932f60c76c

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...acbe683366a500

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e0b141f462d88d

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...2212fb3f2301a5

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...ac24735bdffee3

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...c232b1c5d205ea

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...c4c12c1284c635

Setting-Up the Sony ICF-SW7600GR with the Select-A-Tenna
on a Lazy Susan for AM/MW DXing
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...d078c37631cae7

Combining the Sony ICF-SW7600GR and Sony AN-LP1
Active Shortwave Antenna = Two-are-Better-than-One !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...71f5107eef0b02

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...abcc874e755ea2

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e6204ae5d69cca

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...abcc874e755ea2

IMHO - Using the Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio with the
Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna
- - - The combination-of-the-two together make for good
Shortwave Listening (SWL) Traveling Companions.

Sony ICF-SW7600GR - 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radios
http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/features/m.../receivers/icf...

http://www.dxing.com/rx/icfsw760.htm
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0360.html
Front Diagram - Sony ICF-SW7600GR
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...le/0360frt.jpg
Controls Diagram - Sony ICF-SW7600GR
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...e/0360cont.jpg
Rear Diagram - Sony ICF-SW7600GR
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...e/0360back.jpg
LCD Diagram - Sony ICF-SW7600GR
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...le/0360lcd.jpg
Left and Right Side Views - Sony ICF-SW7600GR
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...ble/0360sv.jpg

Check-Out the two YAHOO Groups for Sony ICF-SW7600GR Owners.
* Sony ICF-SW7600 / G / GR eGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/7600group/
* Sony ICF-SW7600GR eGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/7600GR/

just my two dollars and twenty-two cents worth - iane ~ RHF
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все *адушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = = Translation = = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.

/ \
........!.......

On Nov 19, 7:36*pm, "janospetrik" wrote:
Sorry for my naivete, but :

When I was a kid, a decent shortwave radio cost over $300.00, weighed
about 10 pounds and required a roof antenna.

Could I get a portable SW for under $100, and what could I expect for
this price? *(I just want to listen).

Thanks.

Old November 21st 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Janos

If you use computers, you would be better served getting on the right
lists to find a used TenTecRX320 for about 2 bills.

http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/Receivers/TT320

A computer controlled receiver like the RX 320 and a rudimentary
antena will egt you the world AND automatic station Identification and
logging

see me off list when you decide to get one

Yodar