Old December 15th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is There A Better Portable Than the Sony ICF-2010?

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:51:22 -0800, nsarejectnsareject wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:
I got to play with an E1 a couple of months ago. While it doesn't have a
loopstick antenna for MW, it did work quite well on that band. When did they
stop making this radio in India?

Pete

wrote in message
ps.com...

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I am thinking about upgrading....any suggestions?

Also I have been getting an occasional "Error 3" on my Sony 2010...what
is it from?

Thanks for any advice.

TMT

Forgot to mention, that the Eton E1 does not even have an internal
ferrite-bar antenna, so you have to use an external antenna for AM, and
although Satellite Radio ready, doesn't come with an antenna - at that
price, absolutely ridiculous ! **** Eton !

I have no idea, why a loop stick antenna was not supplied - all I can
say, is that with my miserable experience with the Tecsun/Etcon/Grundig
cheap crap S350, I will never go near Tecsun/Etcon/Grundig, or Sangean
again - I have had excellent experiences with Sonys.

If the only experience you have with Eton is the S350, you are clueless.
Why don't you post back here when you have something meaningful to offer.

gfy
--
"Don't get too wrapped up in dogma. Who knows? When we get to heaven
there might be a Big Buddha laughing at us while we're all running

Old December 18th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have no idea, why a loop stick antenna was not supplied - all I can
say, is that with my miserable experience with the Tecsun/Etcon/Grundig
cheap crap S350, I will never go near Tecsun/Etcon/Grundig, or Sangean
again - I have had excellent experiences with Sonys.

Yeah, they're great-but the ****ing collectors have ruined it for the rest
of us-how can you afford one now?

Rich

Old December 18th 06, 10:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Sony ICF-2010 -Replacement- Eton "E1" 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Receiver with 'opinion' XM Satellite Radio

OK so here is a Sony ICF-2010 Shortwave Receiver
+ KIWA Upgrades ! "RARE" ? currently listed on eBay.

Have 'fun' watching it get Bid-Up to more then the
original MSRP of $360 when it was being made.

Sony ICF-2010 Shortwave Receiver + KIWA Upgrades
eBay Auction Item # 140065488511
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140065488511
Remember this is 'not' a New-In-the-Box (NIB) Radio and
the eBay Description does admit to some "Issues".

just for the fun of it ~ RHF
Old December 18th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I don't call it e-screw for nothing...

Rich

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK so here is a Sony ICF-2010 Shortwave Receiver
+ KIWA Upgrades ! "RARE" ? currently listed on eBay.

Have 'fun' watching it get Bid-Up to more then the
original MSRP of $360 when it was being made.

Sony ICF-2010 Shortwave Receiver + KIWA Upgrades
eBay Auction Item # 140065488511
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140065488511
Remember this is 'not' a New-In-the-Box (NIB) Radio and
the eBay Description does admit to some "Issues".

just for the fun of it ~ RHF
.
.
. .

On Dec 14, 5:19 pm, "RHF" wrote:
TMT,

If you could buy a Sony ICF-2010 Radio in an Un-Opened Box
aka : 'new' - "NIB" {New-In-the-Box} Today - Great ! Go For It !
- - - These so called "NIB" Sony ICF-2010 Radio usually sell for
over US$500 normally about US$750 on eBay.
- - - However, even though it is 'new' it most likely it does not
have the original Sony Manufacture's Warranty Card.
- - - The Reality is that you are most likely faced with buying a
'used' Sony ICF-2010 Radio for about $240 to $360; that has had
one or two previous owners -and- just may be not quite 100%
{Showing It's Age} - The proverbial PIAP.

So what is out-there that is as good as a Sony ICF-2010 -and-
can be bought "New" with a Full Manufacture's Warranty ? ? ?

IMHO - In today's the 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio Market
-Only- One 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio comes to mind :
The Eton "E1" 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Receiver with
'opinion' XM Satellite Radio.

For Information about the Eton "E1" 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave
Receiver with 'opinion' XM Satellite Radio check-out the :
Eton "E1" 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio Group on YAHOO
!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/

e1-ing you all ~ RHF
.
Eton E1 Radio Owners and Future E1 Owners
Check-Out the Eton E1 Radio Group on YAHOO
!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ETON-E1-XM-Radio/
Here is your News and Information Center for the
Eton E1 AM / FM / Shortwave "World Band" Receiver
with optional "XM" Satellite Radio.
. . .
.
. .
.
. . . O u t !

On Dec 13, 9:28 am, "Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

I am thinking about upgrading....any suggestions?

Also I have been getting an occasional "Error 3" on my Sony 2010...what
is it from?

Thanks for any advice.

TMT- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old December 18th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sony ICF-2010 -Replacement- Eton"E1" 'portable' AM/FM Shortwav...

There is always a better something or the other.
cuhulin

Old December 21st 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Cuhulin - And for now the Eton E1 AM / FM / Shortwave
"World Band" Receiver with optional "XM" Satellite Radio
is "THAT 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio - IMHO

e1-ing you all ~ RHF