Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 13th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Keypad Repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
This may seem off topic for this newsgroup, but I figured I might find
people here who had disassembled devices that have keypads.

I've got a Panasonic cordless phone whose keypad has stopped working unless
I press extremely hard on the buttons. I took the thing apart and found that
the actual keypad is just sort of a plastic "mat" containing the buttons I
push. It rests on top of a circuit board that has corresponding spots on it
for each button (membrane switches?). The Panasonic web site lists a
replacement keypad, which is nothing but the plastic "mat". Although it's
cheap enough to try replacing that part, I'm wondering if these things
really go bad - maybe get fatigued or compressed over a couple of years. Is
this fix likely to work?

Dont' bother go to walmart a get a new one. The parts are probably going
to be more than a newer more powerful unit.

Keypad Repair [email protected] Shortwave 4 December 14th 06 08:07 AM
Keypad Repair BDK Shortwave 2 December 13th 06 06:57 PM
Keypad Repair JoeSpareBedroom Shortwave 1 December 13th 06 04:06 PM
StereoZoom microscope repair Chuck Olson Homebrew 1 May 4th 05 02:06 AM
Help me repair my repair [email protected] Scanner 14 January 10th 04 06:04 AM