Old December 13th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Keypad Repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
This may seem off topic for this newsgroup, but I figured I might find
people here who had disassembled devices that have keypads.

I've got a Panasonic cordless phone whose keypad has stopped working unless
I press extremely hard on the buttons. I took the thing apart and found that
the actual keypad is just sort of a plastic "mat" containing the buttons I
push. It rests on top of a circuit board that has corresponding spots on it
for each button (membrane switches?). The Panasonic web site lists a
replacement keypad, which is nothing but the plastic "mat". Although it's
cheap enough to try replacing that part, I'm wondering if these things
really go bad - maybe get fatigued or compressed over a couple of years. Is
this fix likely to work?

Dont' bother go to walmart a get a new one. The parts are probably going
to be more than a newer more powerful unit.
Old December 13th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
This may seem off topic for this newsgroup, but I figured I might find
people here who had disassembled devices that have keypads.

I've got a Panasonic cordless phone whose keypad has stopped working
unless I press extremely hard on the buttons. I took the thing apart and
found that the actual keypad is just sort of a plastic "mat" containing
the buttons I push. It rests on top of a circuit board that has
corresponding spots on it for each button (membrane switches?). The
Panasonic web site lists a replacement keypad, which is nothing but the
plastic "mat". Although it's cheap enough to try replacing that part, I'm
wondering if these things really go bad - maybe get fatigued or
compressed over a couple of years. Is this fix likely to work?

Dont' bother go to walmart a get a new one. The parts are probably going
to be more than a newer more powerful unit.

Actually, the plastic mat's only about four bucks, maybe seven with
shipping.

Old December 13th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I own about seven (count em,seven) webtv keyboards.One of them is a big
heavy webtv keyboard,it SUCKS! because it cranks my busted (I need to go
wee wee now,be rat back) left wrist too much holdin it up.I like my
little bitty lightweight webtv keyboards much better.I like my
www.gyration.com mini radio computer keyboard too,because it is even
smaller (gals,I am ''small'') than my small webtv keyboards.I Hate big
keyboards,I love big wimmins though.
cuhulin

Keypad Repair [email protected] Shortwave 4 December 14th 06 08:07 AM
Keypad Repair BDK Shortwave 2 December 13th 06 06:57 PM
Keypad Repair JoeSpareBedroom Shortwave 1 December 13th 06 04:06 PM
StereoZoom microscope repair Chuck Olson Homebrew 1 May 4th 05 02:06 AM
Help me repair my repair [email protected] Scanner 14 January 10th 04 06:04 AM