Old April 14th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default why Bother getting a licence to use a GMRS radio?

Nextel cell phones are just that,cell phones.In America,no license is
required for anyone who uses their own Nextel cell phones or if they let
someone else use their cell phones.I have no doubt though,that the
stores that sell Nextel cell phones and related services do require some
sort of license(s) to do all of that.Almost everybody has a cell phone
glued to their ear right now except me,millions and millions of people
all over America and the World.I already knew all of that.Hey,if the fcc
starts requiring everybody who uses cell phones,just think what a cash
cow that would be.
www.devilfinder.com How to listen in on cell phones
cuhulin

Old April 15th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.gmrs

"WILLIAM BALDWIN JR" wrote in
:

Sorry, John, it *DOES* look like I was quoting and replying to you.
Under your name it shows that you were replying to ,
whose question about Nextel was the one I was answering. The NextHell
is cute, is their a story in there??

NextHell are the folks who are forcing many of the 800 Mhz systems to move
frequencies. Big business has made the FCC move public safety, rather than
make NextHell move. As such, many scanners will be useless. Soo.... with
that in mind, and my nature of making funny names for stuff, NextHell is a
good name.
Old April 24th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.gmrs

"WILLIAM BALDWIN JR" wrote in
:

And I'm hearing more and more people saying the same. Even people with
a *favorable* impression of Nextel admit they are referring to the
"old" Nextel, before it merged with Sprint. I was under the impression
that the FCC was also making Nextel move frequencies. Did they pull an
end run and force the reverse? (sadly, I remember when Police agencies
were forced *to* the 800mhz, now it's being taken *from* tem???

NextHell doesn't have to do a thing. Public safety is still going to be on
800. Many agencies don't have to move at all. Some will have to, and some
have the option. It's just one chunk of the band that the issue is with.

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
214 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (09-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 April 10th 04 06:59 PM