Old December 29th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tom Tom is offline

Default Degen 1102 NICE!

I'm a longtime sw listener and was surprised at the DE1102 that Santa
brought our daughter for Christmas.

Such a small radio with so many features and great performance all for less
than $70. Hard to believe.

China made, long term durability is unknown at this time, but I'm very
impressed.

Tommy B.

Old December 29th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
rtc rtc is offline

Hello,
you will find this "1102 cookbook" cheat sheet
very useful:

http://www.radiointel.com/reviews.htm

Please scrool down to the lower right of the page to
Phil's etc. to view and download/print.

Also,the radiointel review is on this page.
Best Regards...

Old December 29th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Tom" wrote in message ...
I'm a longtime sw listener and was surprised at the DE1102 that Santa brought our daughter for
Christmas.

Such a small radio with so many features and great performance all for less than $70. Hard to
believe.

China made, long term durability is unknown at this time, but I'm very impressed.

I've had mine for almost 3 years now.
You might be interested in this group...

Old December 29th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Tom" wrote in message
I'm a longtime sw listener and was surprised at the DE1102 that Santa
brought our daughter for Christmas.

Such a small radio with so many features and great performance all for
less than $70. Hard to believe.

China made, long term durability is unknown at this time, but I'm very
impressed.

I've got 2, a Degen and a Kaito. I've had both for a couple years. One
of the best compact shortwave radios of all time.

Mike

Old December 29th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tom wrote:
I'm a longtime sw listener and was surprised at the DE1102 that Santa
brought our daughter for Christmas.

Such a small radio with so many features and great performance all for less
than $70. Hard to believe.

China made, long term durability is unknown at this time, but I'm very
impressed.

Tommy B.

Here are some even less expensive good ones:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-2005digital.htm

Old December 30th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tom Tom is offline

Thanks for the tips. I dl'd the cookbook and signed up on the Yahoo groups
site.

I've found out over the past day that the fold out stand on the back of the
radio is rather fragile and is showing plastic stress already.

Tommy B.

Old December 30th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Tom" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the tips. I dl'd the cookbook and signed up on the Yahoo groups site.

I've found out over the past day that the fold out stand on the back of the radio is rather
fragile and is showing plastic stress already.

That's why I use this radio stand for my DE1102 and DE1103
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/misc/0022.html

Old December 30th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tom Tom is offline

Thanks Sanjaya,

It looks like the "mini stand" would be big enough for the DE1102. I'm
going to order it.

Tommy B.

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
news

Old December 30th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Tom" wrote in message ...
Thanks Sanjaya,

It looks like the "mini stand" would be big enough for the DE1102. I'm going to order it.

Tommy B.

The mini-stand is only good for the tiniest of radios, like the little one pictured
in the link to stand with radio. Notice that the small stand has a little curved
base for the radio to rest on. You'll be happier with a large stand I think.

Degen 1102 tianli Shortwave 7 February 6th 05 02:06 AM
FA Lots of Nice Drake Gear Charlie Hugg Equipment 0 September 17th 04 07:18 AM
Degen 1102 arrived Sanjaya Shortwave 34 February 26th 04 02:44 AM